Chops dinner vs. Chops lunch

I’m debating between getting the chops+1 dining package or chops lunch+1 other restaurant. Both are on sale. I know the lunch is highly regarded but i’m used to having a light lunch. I guess i could have a later lunch. Are the different cuts of steaks worth it to get the dinner? Am i able to get the steak and shrimp too? I also thought someone said the Giovanni steak is better than chops. Is there anything else better about chops dinner vs. lunch?

28 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Can you have more than one appetizer? Both the wedge salad and shrimp cocktail sound good.

Generally in the specialty restaurants, you can get multiple appetizers and sides, but only one entrée.  Unless you have the UDP - then you can get multiple entrées, too.  

The menu is different at lunch , the cuts that don't make the grade for dinner are grounded up for lunch burger . I only do dinner at chops and always mention that someone said Geovanni's fillet is better , just to get them going .🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Chops lunch is a great deal. About half price. The filet mignon is 8 oz versus 9 oz and you can't get rib eye or porterhouse steaks etc. But if you like filet mignon it's a bargain. Just about all the sides and desserts are available too. 

• 11 months later...

Thanks for the tip about the lunch. I went on my cruise in june and i loved chops. I probably had the best steak i’ve had and the mushroom soup and shrimp cocktail were delicious. The waiter did say you were only supposed to get 1 appetizer but let me have 2. Are you supposed to only get 1? Also delicious chocolate cake. What i also liked was it wasn’t busy and i had a nice quiet seat by the window. I was tempted to try the giovanni’s lunch steak to compare but the chops lunch steak was so huge i thought 1 steak per cruise was enough.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 11:59 PM, Hogbay said:

The menu is different at lunch , the cuts that don't make the grade for dinner are grounded up for lunch burger . I only do dinner at chops and always mention that someone said Geovanni's fillet is better , just to get them going .🙂

Great idea to piss them off immediately 🙄 

6 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks for the tip about the lunch. I went on my cruise in june and i loved chops. I probably had the best steak i’ve had and the mushroom soup and shrimp cocktail were delicious. The waiter did say you were only supposed to get 1 appetizer but let me have 2. Are you supposed to only get 1? Also delicious chocolate cake. What i also liked was it wasn’t busy and i had a nice quiet seat by the window. I was tempted to try the giovanni’s lunch steak to compare but the chops lunch steak was so huge i thought 1 steak per cruise was enough.

We did this in July for embarkation and liked it better than the dinner.  My husband had 3 appetizers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, artvlay said:

I've often wondered, can you use the D+ BOGO at Chops for lunch 

I have only heard that, yes, you can use the D+ BOGO at Chops for lunch. I've also heard that, in order to get your preferred day and time, that you can pre-book and pay for lunch for one (there are no tables for just one person); then, have your other person show up with you and ask to use the BOGO. You may need to pay the increased on-board price for the one lunch that you may have bought on sale pre-cruise but still a good deal! Anyway, I did just that for our October cruise. I pre-booked a table for me and then when DH goes with me, I'll ask to use my BOGO discount. If it doesn't work, I really don't care but maybe it will! Fingers crossed!🤞

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 1:46 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

Great idea to piss them off immediately 🙄 

Only one person is ..... as far as the onboard competition between whom has the best filet you are obviously oblivious to .

On 8/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, fredmdcruisers said:

Well aware. But would never antagonize a waiter. Might get something you don't want on your steak. 

Have to share my story here. Back in the day when I was much much younger and dumber, I worked for a drive-in type fast food place (Dog N Suds). I was a "car hop" (outside waitress serving parked vehicles). All of the inside employees, cooks, fryers, etc., were also young people. One of our patrons got "smart" and obnoxious with one of our cooks, who I later observed to spit in the guy's sandwich!😲 Hoping things like that don't happen these days but, hey, ya never know!🤔 Enjoy your meal! Cheers!

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 6:05 AM, artvlay said:

I've often wondered, can you use the D+ BOGO at Chops for lunch 

Absolute.  We love to go to Chops for lunch on embarkation day and have a peaceful, relaxing meal, using our BOGO.  However, Chops is not open on embarkation day for lunch on every ship.

• Like 1