Cruising with 19yr old and 20 yr old. question

Hi, We are cruising this New Years Eve on the Allure. One of my kids very much loves all things salsa dancing and wants to be able to dance in the club. If I were to sign the drink waiver for him to  drink, does that allow him into the clubs?  ( More curious than anything)

6 minutes ago, lauraingalls said:

Hi, We are cruising this New Years Eve on the Allure. One of my kids very much loves all things salsa dancing and wants to be able to dance in the club. If I were to sign the drink waiver for him to  drink, does that allow him into the clubs?  ( More curious than anything)

Royal does not do drink waivers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lauraingalls said:

Too young to drink, but there is no restriction on anyone any age at any bar, club or lounge. Maybe Quest or adult comedy club, but I have seen plenty of small kids in both.

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Too young to drink, but there is no restriction on anyone any age at any bar, club or lounge. Maybe Quest or adult comedy club, but I have seen plenty of small kids in both.

There is one late night clud / venue dance party every night that is most definitely age restricted to 21 and over.  Last week on Voyager they had security at yhe entrance carding people entering. 

4 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

OKay. I didnt really want them drinking anyways (running up my tab) but I know he loves to dance any Latin dancing. Good to know. I was thinking it was limited to those over 21

14 minutes ago, lauraingalls said:

OKay. I didnt really want them drinking anyways (running up my tab) but I know he loves to dance any Latin dancing. Good to know. I was thinking it was limited to those over 21

Yes there is one club nightly that is limited to 21 and over.  Usually starts around 11 or 11:30. 

1 hour ago, lauraingalls said:

You don't need a drink waiver to enter the clubs.  You can go in any club regardless of drinking age, however, you will be carded to make sure you're the legal age to drink and to bill you accordingly.

I thought late night clubs were open to 18 and over, but no drinking. When did this change? It’s been a long time since I have been clubbing.

@lauraingallsYou didn’t say what ship, but some have Boleros which has salsa dancing.

Edited by crzndeb

Currently on Allure, most nights, there is late night Latin dancing in Boleros until approximately 1am, with no age restrictions. There is also late night dancing in Blaze until approximately 2am, which is 18+.

There are no 21+ venues or events. I wouldn't expect Allure to change anything in regards to this between now and December, as this is pretty standard for US sailings on Oasis class ships.

(Since you are getting conflicting answers, FYI you can confirm all this on the Royal Caribbean App. Hit the person icon on top, hit select a different sailing, scroll to the bottom, hit "Get more details on ships we support", hit Allure of the Seas, then choose a current sailing. You can then see everything apart from the shows that require reservations for the current sailing's Cruise Compass.)

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes there is one club nightly that is limited to 21 and over.  Usually starts around 11 or 11:30. 

Unless this is new since the restart, the dance club is 18-and-over, not 21.  I know, because my son was dancing with me in the club his senior year of high school.  

17 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

Currently on Allure, most nights, there is late night Latin dancing in Boleros until approximately 1am, with no age restrictions. There is also late night dancing in Blaze until approximately 2am, which is 18+.

There are no 21+ venues or events. I wouldn't expect Allure to change anything in regards to this between now and December, as this is pretty standard for US sailings on Oasis class ships.

(Since you are getting conflicting answers, FYI you can confirm all this on the Royal Caribbean App. Hit the person icon on top, hit select a different sailing, scroll to the bottom, hit "Get more details on ships we support", hit Allure of the Seas, then choose a current sailing. You can then see everything apart from the shows that require reservations for the current sailing's Cruise Compass.)

Thanks! Yes I was reading about Boleros. Right up his alley. I think my 19 yr old twins will have a good time dancing too. Really appreciate it!

• Like 1