Wellness check at pier question

Hi everyone, we're flying down to Miami on Friday and sail on Symphony on Saturday 9/3!  Very excited but a question about the wellness check at the pier - DH and I both have allergy/sinus issues and we're wondering what the wellness check at the pier is all about.  It's happened before that after a night in a new hotel we wake up with sinus congestion, sneezing etc. that I guess could be mistaken for something comtagious.  What exactly do they check at the pier and would allergy head congestion keep us from boarding?  We're vax'd and boosted, both had mild covid in May, and will take our eMed test Weds or Thurs.  Even though we may be covid negative that doesn't mean our allergies have gone away too.  Appreciate any info, thanks!

Not sure it's the same at each sailing - but went out of Seattle on August 5 to Alaska.  Wellness check was: "How are you feeling today", "Do you have a fever?"

Nothing to worry about.

Enjoy

1 minute ago, Mikewa said:

Not sure it's the same at each sailing - but went out of Seattle on August 5 to Alaska.  Wellness check was: "How are you feeling today", "Do you have a fever?"

Nothing to worry about.

Enjoy

OH Awesome!!!  Wow that's good to hear and I hope it's the same in Miami. Already stressing about testing this week but this takes a bit of the edge off.  Thanks Mikewa!

1 hour ago, HelenaCruiser2012 said:

Hi everyone, we're flying down to Miami on Friday and sail on Symphony on Saturday 9/3!  Very excited but a question about the wellness check at the pier - DH and I both have allergy/sinus issues and we're wondering what the wellness check at the pier is all about.  It's happened before that after a night in a new hotel we wake up with sinus congestion, sneezing etc. that I guess could be mistaken for something comtagious.  What exactly do they check at the pier and would allergy head congestion keep us from boarding?  We're vax'd and boosted, both had mild covid in May, and will take our eMed test Weds or Thurs.  Even though we may be covid negative that doesn't mean our allergies have gone away too.  Appreciate any info, thanks!

Nothing to worry about. They will essentially ask you if you have and COVID symptoms. Just answer no. 

We completed our Health Questionnaire on the app in preparation for today's sailing. There were three questions:  

1.  Are you fully vaccinated for COVID-19?

2.  Have you received a COVID-19 booster?

3.  Will you be more than 23 weeks pregnant at any time during your curise?

Whether or not there will be more or different questions at the pier later today when we board I guess we will find out when we get there. 

26 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We completed our Health Questionnaire on the app in preparation for today's sailing. There were three questions:  

Whether or not there will be more or different questions at the pier later today when we board I guess we will find out when we get there. 

On our brilliance trip recently, we did the questions on the App and there were NO further questions at the port. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Those are the exact same questions I answered and the same questions they asked again at the pier.

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

When I checked in online and did these 3 questions, I stupidly clicked all "yes" answers.  So, according to RC l have declared that,  as a 69 year old man, I will be 23 weeks or more pregnant at sail date.

I rang RC......Once the lady at the other end  stopped laughing,  she told me they will  ask the questions  again at quayside.....so get it right this time!

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

When I checked in online and did these 3 questions, I stupidly clicked all "yes" answers.  So, according to RC l have declared that,  as a 69 year old man, I will be 23 weeks or more pregnant at sail date.

LateBriskAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif.86b52266611f04db6be32c84aed043fe.gif

7 hours ago, zebra said:

Sailed out of Port Canaveral last week and we were NOT asked any heath questions ..... they had told us that we would have a wellness check at the pier ....... NOTHING!!!!

The "wellness check" was completed if you answered the questions in the app / online.  

13 hours ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

I rang RC......Once the lady at the other end  stopped laughing,  she told me they will  ask the questions  again at quayside.....so get it right this time!

Glad you gave her a good laugh that day. 😊

Edited by HelenaCruiser2012

We sailed on symphony August 6.  We answered the questions on the app and we were not asked anything else at port. Their process is very efficient. Basically they quickly look at your is/passport and negative COVID test (required at that time) and then usher you in.  That was the only contact I actually had with a person besides the ones waving you on after scanning your sea pass card. 

Have fun!   I’m so jealous. The best vacation we ever had! And we miss it so much. I’m looking to book again next year before she goes to Europe.