Where are the comments from the Britannia Passengers?

Lakesregion

Not everybody has the time to post and I can understand why people who have to pay for their wifi don't want to spend the money just to keep us updated.

There have been several recent threads from those who travel Britannia.

In October we will be on QV’s 4 nighter to Amsterdam. We wanted to be in that city and the opportunity not to fly with all reported chaos was overwhelming. A very late booking and could only have a Britannia cabin, so it will be a good eye-opener for us, as not been in this grade for some while.

if you can wait a few weeks, I will happily write a daily blog on daily life as I have done in the past.

• Like 5

in October I do the TA round trip in Britannia class. I will try to post something about it when I get back (I avoid wifi on all lines; being 'offline' is part of the trip!)

If relevant I might post some things about preparing to go!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

Good defense Hattie. But more Britannia is really needed for balance if balance is even a consideration.

I'm not sure you could guess what sort of cabin most of the reviewers are in from reading their reviews, except where it is specifically mentioned. In any case, this seems to imply that, to ensure balance, if there are not 'enough' Britannia reports, those in other cabins should not be allowed to post. I, for one, enjoy reading about people's experiences even in grades of cabin I'm not intending to travel in.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

What I'd like at present is more reports on QE, since she left Alaska. Perhaps HH could organise some sort of pressgang? 😀

I'm sure you could find people willing to travel to Barcelona and intercept disembarking passengers.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm hoping that @rakkor might post from Queen Elizabeth but if he's in the Grills again we'll be even more out of balance 😱

Shocking. At the moment I think 6 out of the 10 reviews on the front page are Britannia. Is that so out of balance, given that the Grills are full and Britannia isn't?

22 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Shocking. At the moment I think 6 out of the 10 reviews on the front page are Britannia. Is that so out of balance, given that the Grills are full and Britannia isn't?

I'm sure that Britannia rooms are not 60% of the total on board, even if Britannia was 'only' 80% full!

10 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Sorry folks.

Our next four booked trips are QG so can’t help with any balancing, apart from helping my husband in lumpy seas.

I will refrain from commenting though if that might help.🙂

No, don't do that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a day off a Britannia cruise, and perfectly happy, although the change in table preferences post-covid to lots of smaller tables is rather sad, and pointless given that Cunard has set the two- and four-person tables so close that you're no safer than at a larger table.

The food is reasonably good, as ever, as, mostly, is the service, although there do seem to be more inexperienced staff about, as I guess not all those Cunard sent home during the pandemic have come back.

7 hours ago, exlondoner said:

What I'd like at present is more reports on QE, since she left Alaska. Perhaps HH could organise some sort of pressgang? 😀

I totally agree. We are going on our first Cunard cruise on QE in early November and would love to hear from passengers who were recently onboard. I'm reading lots of posts from QV and QM2, which I am thoroughly enjoying, but would love to hear (even post cruise) if all is well and good on the good ship Queen Elizabeth

7 hours ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

I'm sure that Britannia rooms are not 60% of the total on board, even if Britannia was 'only' 80% full!

85% of the (full) passenger capacity is Britannia and Britannia Club. Does anyone know how it's been allocated during reduced capacity? I could see a case for it being reduced in Britannia with Grills capacity being left essentially intact.

10 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

Would love to read more about life in Britannia class rather than just Club. PG and QG. I am sure others would like that also.

Lakesregion, I just looked at the most recent QM2 reviews (appx. 20) in the Review section and all but one were written by passengers in Britannia. Here is a link to mine from May-22

Jack

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=687388

1 hour ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Lakesregion, I just looked at the most recent QM2 reviews (appx. 20) in the Review section and all but one were written by passengers in Britannia. Here is a link to mine from May-22

Jack

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=687388

Guess I need to spend more time with reviews than in the area where actual questions are asked. Thanks for the direction.

Hi exlondoner, not press ganged.

I joined QE in San Francisco and disembarked in Barcelona on 22 August. I was in a Britannia balcony so happy to answer any questions. 

The embarkation process in San Francisco was lengthy and took a long time to get on board. I do prefer the register with your muster station and watch the video in your cabin safety briefing. No listening to the please don’t put on your life jackets watch the crew demonstration followed by rippppppp as everyone ignores the instruction.

I think QE was at about 50% - 60% capacity which meant you always got a seat in the theatre and dining venues. I once had to wait a couple of minutes to get a table in the Golden Lion but other than that it was very pleasant on board. I even used the lido buffet, I tend to avoid it as a single traveller it can be difficult when busy, and there was no issue getting and keeping a table.

We were initially required to wear masks for the first few days but this ended up being enforced for the full cruise.  There was Covid on board and I caught it and whilst isolation wasn’t ideal I still had a good holiday.

During isolation I was given that days lunch and dinner menus to chose from so I was able to have the gala meals etc. The rest of the time I tended to do Breakfast and Dinner in the Britannia restaurant, I prefer the table service. I was on a shared table at early sitting and we had a good table making for lively conversation. We were always out in plenty of time for the show. There was a good selection on the menu and despite being a slightly fussy eater I always had a nice meal. I find the soups in particular are very good. 

Hope this is useful info.

• Like 7

On 8/29/2022 at 2:35 PM, Lakesregion said:

Good defense Hattie. But more Britannia is really needed for balance if balance is even a consideration.

I think the basis of the problem is that Britannia is the budget end of a Cunard cruise voyage.  People are not completely happy with describing how they went on a cruise but failed to book the top end of luxury.  If you go on other lines cruises at dinner people often open up with "we are in a suite", they are probably just saying it but on Cunard you cannot do this plausibly.

Regards John

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, john watson said:

I think the basis of the problem is that Britannia is the budget end of a Cunard cruise voyage.  People are not completely happy with describing how they went on a cruise but failed to book the top end of luxury.  If you go on other lines cruises at dinner people often open up with "we are in a suite", they are probably just saying it but on Cunard you cannot do this plausibly.

Regards John

Don't agree with you. We normally have an OV cabin as we only sleep, wash and dress in there. The money difference to a balcony we spend elsewhere. We only went for the cheapest balcony ,CA this time due to the spectre of covid, certainly next cruise we'll most likely go back to OV. Also we would never book QG or PG as don't like idea of a butler hovering around looking for work as we'd have nothing for them to do plus the extra cost just not value for money imo. Rather spend the extra on upgrading flights if needed or staying over extra days at end. 

But each to their own I know there are a lot on here who love PG and QG and wouldn't dream of being a Brittania passenger. 

It's your money you make your choice. 

Edited by 2BACRUISER
Typo
  • Like 4

Just for the record, the QG butler doesn't "hover around". Thery're too busy.

They are very useful when things are required for the room. They're great at helping you to organise cocktail parties and will serve drinks if asked. Sometimes if we are entertaining, we ask the butler to serve the first drink only.

They will also serve nibbles and hot canapes if required.

Worth every penny!

• Thanks 1