Anyone familiar with the Sanctuary Hotel in New York?

FionaMG

I got what I think is a very decent rate for a 3-night stay at this hotel for next April.

The reviews seem to be fine, nothing spectacular but certainly ok for a short stay that's mostly going to be spent out and about.

I was just wondering if anyone on here is familiar with the hotel and could add any insight? I didn't have to pay upfront so I can cancel the booking without penalty if I need to.

Did you read any reviews? The rooms appear to be small, even by NYC standards. One review basically says the shower and sink are in the bedroom, not in a separate bathroom. Not sure where the actual toilet is located. It's apparently a hangout for a party crowd after hours. And 47th can be pretty busy. It's a little hard to give a good evaluation, but it probably wouldn't be my first choice from the few reviews I see, and recognizing the photos are of entire room!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, riffatsea said:

I don't know the hotel but I used to live I in nyc and would prefer a neighborhood where locals live

It is certainly central to sights and theater but very touristy in its feel

Totally disagree with this advice. I don’t know where in NYC you lived, maybe you’d care to share. When visiting NYC, you want a safe, convenient area. The location is fine for this hotel. It’s a boutique hotel on a quiet block. I’ve been to the Haven Rooftop which is in this hotel. It’s not a seedy hotel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 2:09 PM, FionaMG said:

I got what I think is a very decent rate for a 3-night stay at this hotel for next April.

The reviews seem to be fine, nothing spectacular but certainly ok for a short stay that's mostly going to be spent out and about.

I was just wondering if anyone on here is familiar with the hotel and could add any insight? I didn't have to pay upfront so I can cancel the booking without penalty if I need to.

I never stayed at the hotel but I worked around the corner and I can tell you that it is a very nice area.

• Thanks 1