Laundry Rooms

latebloomer56

23 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Hello anybody know if the laundry rooms on the ships are open?

We were on the Crown in May and they were open and there was a charge, however many were out of order but between 2 decks we were able to find ones that worked.  The token dispensers near our deck did not work so guest services gave us complimentary tokens to use, so in essence it was free for our voyage. 

27 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Only when the dispensers aren't working.

Just off the Emerald and all dispensers working, so not free.

Tokens?  So should I tell my spouse to unpack the bag of quarters???

• Haha 2

Majestic Princess in June -- had to use tokens.

Discovery Princess in August -- free soap and dryer sheets -- no tokens required for wash or dry.

If washer and dryers on your floor are in use, you have options -- we went to the floor below us and were able to find availability there -- you are not limited to your floor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Mikado said:

I just read a report here and saw a video of the new Discovery where the laundry room they videoed in showed “FREE” on the machines annunciators with all the detergent stacked on the shelves above. 

So now I’m confused. 

They were not free in our recent cruise. You are spending a considerable sum on a cruise, if the laundries are free then good, if not be prepared to spend all of $3 for a wash and $3 for a dry. Detergent if you need it costs less.

10 hours ago, The Mikado said:

I just read a report here and saw a video of the new Discovery where the laundry room they videoed in showed “FREE” on the machines annunciators with all the detergent stacked on the shelves above. 

So now I’m confused. 

It was probably because the token dispensers were not working properly at the time???

Just off the Discovery 2 weeks ago...there were NO token machines at all.  There was a small shelf that contained little boxes of laundry detergent free for the taking.  (Riviera deck)  Machines "just worked" without having to insert anything.  No medallion involvement...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, leck57 said:

They were not free in our recent cruise. You are spending a considerable sum on a cruise, if the laundries are free then good, if not be prepared to spend all of $3 for a wash and $3 for a dry. Detergent if you need it costs less.

Not free on our cruise on the Ruby in May, either...$3.00 for washer and dryer (each) then, also.  We bring our own detergent.