how many shops in port

jerseyjill

Hi,

We're flying in a day early to Barcelona before the cruise starts on June 22, 2023. We're staying at the Arc La Rambla, on La Rambla, and since we already explored this fantastic city on our last Med cruise, we've seen most of the interesting sights when we did a HOHO tour. So my question is, what is close to our hotel? Within walking distance so once we land, and drop off our bags at the hotel, we'd like to just explore and maybe see some previously seen sights. Not sure of distance on city map to highlights. Thank you for any kind guidance!

1 hour ago, jerseyjill said:

Sorry if I'm on the wrong page, I'm new to this after not cruising for many many years. There used to be a site that tells you which ships and how many ships are in port when you are? Any one know how to check? THX!

Google! 

There are many sites, just google "ships in port"

Some people use cruisemapper dot com.  However, I like to just google a port in a city to try to find a port website.  If you can find one, it will likely be most accurate of any other sites, and will often give you clues as to where in port you will be assigned to dock.  As for Barcelona, I used to have a port website.  If I can find it, I'll post.

https://www.bcncruiseport.com/schedule?fromDate=&toDate=&cruiseLine=af67f6fe-3433-46b4-a07a-cfb2dc54dd61&pageIndex=1&pageSize=10&pageLastDate=undefined  gives you info on who's in port for the next week.  Haven't found any more than that, but this site IS the official port website, I believe.  I put in Azamara to see what turned up.

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2022 at 9:13 PM, jerseyjill said:

Hi,

We're flying in a day early to Barcelona before the cruise starts on June 22, 2023. We're staying at the Arc La Rambla, on La Rambla, and since we already explored this fantastic city on our last Med cruise, we've seen most of the interesting sights when we did a HOHO tour. So my question is, what is close to our hotel? Within walking distance so once we land, and drop off our bags at the hotel, we'd like to just explore and maybe see some previously seen sights. Not sure of distance on city map to highlights. Thank you for any kind guidance!

Just behind de Ramblas is the old quarter Barri Gòtic. You willl need about 3 hours for the visit of that quarter and visit the cathedral etc.   2 hours to visit the Ramblas itself and in streets just behind: Museu d'Art Contemporàni de Barcelone (carrer del Carme) and Palau Güell family house of the family G. built by Gaudí (carrer Nou de la Rambla).  Just a few examples. If interested in food and markets: do not forget to visit the Mercat de la Boqùeria at the Ramblas!.   (And take care: Barcelone attracts pickpockets from all over EU and the world....). 

We have been to Barcelona four times and we still have things on our list to see.  Each time, we go to La Sagrada to see how much progress has been made.  Also, not on the HOHO tour is the palau de la música.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2022 at 3:16 PM, jerseyjill said:

Sorry if I'm on the wrong page, I'm new to this after not cruising for many many years. There used to be a site that tells you which ships and how many ships are in port when you are? Any one know how to check? THX!

CruiseMapper

• 1 month later...

Late to post, but in case it helps others: 

Barcelona port site used to include all ships, but now you have to look here for Costa and I think Aida: http://www.palacruceros.com/schedule        and also main port site: https://www.bcncruiseport.com/cruise-schedule?https://www.bcncruiseport.com/cruise-schedule?fromDate=09/24/2022&toDate=09/30/2022&cruiseLine=0&pageIndex=2&pageSize=10&pageLastDate=undefined