Purchasing Beverage Packages

Sny

Just tried to purchase beverage package for our upcoming cruise. on the Oceania website, in my booking.  Got the message that purchases could not be done at this time because of beverage restrictions.  Anyone know what that means?

59 minutes ago, Sny said:

Just tried to purchase beverage package for our upcoming cruise. on the Oceania website, in my booking.  Got the message that purchases could not be done at this time because of beverage restrictions.  Anyone know what that means?

I am not sure you can purchase them online

Call or get your TA to book it

If you are trying to upgrade the O Life beverage package  you will need to do that onboard

11 minutes ago, Robjame said:

?

you mean for that cruise? For European cruises?

For cruises beginning in the US, of course you can

Ok  before you could not  so good to know  that you can now  purchase them online

Just now, LHT28 said:

Ok  before you could not  so good to know  that you can now 

You cannot upgrade an OLife House Select package to Prestige on line - must be done on the ship. Purchasing House Select or Prestige can be done in the Oceania Booked Cruises.

57 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I am not sure you can purchase them online

Call or get your TA to book it

If you are trying to upgrade the O Life beverage package  you will need to do that onboard

We did this on June on the Riviera.  It only took about 5 quick minutes and our new cards were issued. Very efficient.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DENIE said:

.  It only took about 5 quick minutes and our new cards were issued. Very efficient.

Denie - I presume you got your upgrade done at Customer Service. This can sometimes be very busy on embarkation day. I read on the new bar menus that this upgrade in beverage package can be done at any bar or by any sommelier. I will try this to see if it is true.

I wish we could upgrade before getting on the ship - it would solve one problem.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Denie - I presume you got your upgrade done at Customer Service. This can sometimes be very busy on embarkation day. I read on the new bar menus that this upgrade in beverage package can be done at any bar or by any sommelier. I will try this to see if it is true.

I wish we could upgrade before getting on the ship - it would solve one problem.

True, and we were sailing with just 800 guests.  There was no line when we took care of this. 

I have been on cruises where any bartender or waitstaff could take care of this (and they got the commission).  Yes, it would help speed things up. 🙂

• Like 1

When we took our last cruise pre-Covid, South African friends booked the upgraded drink package.  Well, the wife did.  Her husband didn't know anything about it and was surprised at the extra cost.

But I think they were happy with it ...

While I have said elsewhere (and maybe even here, I'm not sure about that) if we were to get the package, we'd take the upgrade.

Mura

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DENIE said:

True, and we were sailing with just 800 guests.  There was no line when we took care of this. 

I have been on cruises where any bartender or waitstaff could take care of this (and they got the commission).  Yes, it would help speed things up. 🙂

We’re they Oceania cruises?? When you upgrade packages, one gets a new room key indicating they have the Premium Package. Hard to imagine that bartender bringing you a new room key???

47 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

We’re they Oceania cruises?? When you upgrade packages, one gets a new room key indicating they have the Premium Package. Hard to imagine that bartender bringing you a new room key???

No, that was Celebrity.  They did not issue room keys, of course, but simply put a sticker on your existing room key.  That works, but the new room key with the code already printed does  look nicer.

20 hours ago, Robjame said:

We went to a sommelier on embarkation day who was posted in the Upper Hall on Deck 5.  DH wanted to  upgrade to Premium beverage package. The only thing the sommelier can do is make a notation on a piece of paper which we had to take to Customer Service. They have to issue a new card which can be quick and easy depending on the experience level of the staff. The desk is always busy on embarkation day so be patient and they'll get it done. Maybe someday Oceania will let us upgrade online or via phone before we board. 

As a point of reference, when we board at 3:00 or so there is never a line or long wait at Passenger Services and the transaction goes swiftly and efficiently. It is highly likely that those early boarders might endure other circumstances. Isn’t that what they board early for? Mayhem! Just wait until the ship are cruising full again and 850 of the 1150 passengers all arrive at 11:00 again to board. So much fun🤪

Edited by pinotlover
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Isn’t that what they board early for? Mayhem! 😂

It could possibly be the result, but it is not what I board early for. I board early because I am so excited to start my cruise that I would rather be on board standing in line than anywhere else (in Miami).

I think it is old hat to you with your extensive experience. For me, it is still like Christmas.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

We went to a sommelier on embarkation day who was posted in the Upper Hall on Deck 5.  DH wanted to  upgrade to Premium beverage package. The only thing the sommelier can do is make a notation on a piece of paper which we had to take to Customer Service. They have to issue a new card which can be quick and easy depending on the experience level of the staff. The desk is always busy on embarkation day so be patient and they'll get it done. Maybe someday Oceania will let us upgrade online or via phone before we board. 

The only thing that really does is gets the person who gives you the paperwork a spiff for doing the upgrade, which is not a bad thing. In the past I would look for a waiter or bartender that I had known from a previous cruise where they would get the bonus. I'm afraid I won't know any of the workers as it's been so long since we've been on Oceania. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ORV said:

In the past I would look for a waiter or bartender that I had known from a previous cruise where they would get the bonus.

This is a great idea. An attentive sommelier can make a huge difference at dinner. We book the wine tastings through our favourite sommelier. We also ask the sommelier to taste our wines that we bring onboard and they seem to love that.

How many sommeliers on Riviera/Marina?

They seem to rotate through the dining venues so that does cause difficulties.

We are travelling over Christmas so are thinking of some little gifts… or is this tacky?