Location for proctured antigen test in Civitavecchia, Italy

dapperon

Where can we get a proctored antigen test on the 8th or 9th of September 2022, in Civitavecchi, Italy, before boarding the Regal Princess on the 10th of September, 2022? OR, does Princess have something set up? Help!

We were faced with the exact same scenario earlier this year.  We brought the Abbott BinaxNow proctored tests and did them in our hotel room.  We were extremely stressed about trying to find a place to test and the rushing around that would have been required. (This was to fly BACK to the US...when that was still required.)  It was stupid easy...just have the accounts set up before you leave home to make it even easier.  I would strongly suggest something like this.  Good luck in whatever path you take!

59 minutes ago, dapperon said:

Where can we get a proctored antigen test on the 8th or 9th of September 2022, in Civitavecchi, Italy, before boarding the Regal Princess on the 10th of September, 2022? OR, does Princess have something set up? Help!

From posts on CC, they have said there are a lot of test sites in Rome and the port.  I would suggest checking with your hotel, as they can direct you to a testing area in Civitavecchia. 

Are you flying into FCO?  Testing at the airport.

https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en/test-areas-at-the-airport?p_p_id=it_txt_adr_cookiepolicy_web_portlet_AdrCookiePolicyBannerPortlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view

Testing at the port:

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+test+civitavecchia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:rln,rc_ludocids:11261593226210238475,ru_gwp:0%2C7,ru_lqi:Chhjb3ZpZCB0ZXN0IGNpdml0YXZlY2NoaWEiA_ABAUjQrLiszrSAgAhaLBAAEAEYABgBGAIiGGNvdmlkIHRlc3QgY2l2aXRhdmVjY2hpYSoGCAMQABABkgELbWVkaWNhbF9sYWKqARIQASoOIgpjb3ZpZCB0ZXN0KACwAQHgAQA,trex_id:bQ17pd&lpg=cid:CgIgAQ%3D%3D

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We were faced with the exact same scenario earlier this year.  We brought the Abbott BinaxNow proctored tests and did them in our hotel room.  We were extremely stressed about trying to find a place to test and the rushing around that would have been required. (This was to fly BACK to the US...when that was still required.)  It was stupid easy...just have the accounts set up before you leave home to make it even easier.  I would strongly suggest something like this.  Good luck in whatever path you take!

That won't work for this cruise as the visiting Greece rules apply. It must be in-person testing. 

57 minutes ago, dapperon said:

On the same cruise. Our plan is to test at FCO on arrival but I am told that pharmacies in Rome have testing, not sure about Civitavecchia. 

1 hour ago, dapperon said:

I was in contact with Farmacia Palombo... they do them  

https://www.farmaciediturno.org/farmacia.asp?idf=9172

Also, my hotel in Civi is going to hook me up with Centro Diagnostico 

https://www.cdbuonarroti.it/

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Sorry, you are apparently not up on the latest PCL requirements for voyages heading to any Greece ports.  Have to have an in-person live test done. 

ETA:  I see now someone else mentioned this to you.

Edited by Steelers36

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry, you are apparently not up on the latest PCL requirements for voyages heading to any Greece ports.  Have to have an in-person live test done. 

ETA:  I see now someone else mentioned this to you.

13 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

That won't work for this cruise as the visiting Greece rules apply. It must be in-person testing. 

My apologies to the OP and anyone following!  I stand corrected.  This has apparently changed since we were in Greece earlier this year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

My apologies to the OP and anyone following!  I stand corrected.  This has apparently changed since we were in Greece earlier this year.

And there appears to be no good reason for the change.  Why would Greece become more restrictive when everything else loosened?  Not expecting you to respond - just a rhetorical thing.  I am not aware of anyone posting with a straight answer from Princess.

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

And there appears to be no good reason for the change.  Why would Greece become more restrictive when everything else loosened?  Not expecting you to respond - just a rhetorical thing.  I am not aware of anyone posting with a straight answer from Princess.

How would Princess know?  You need to ask the Oracle at Delphi...

• Haha 3