News from the Spirit

Silver Spectre

41 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Indochine still closed and no Tiki (in fact no New Zealand SB at all) onboard.

Bizarre. I wonder why they can’t get Indochine back open?  And, not having Tiki seems to be the norm more often than not (going back to 2019), but not having any Kiwi SB is surprising. Although overpriced, SS always seemed to be able to keep Cloudy Bay available on the Connoisseur list.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Bizarre. I wonder why they can’t get Indochine back open?  And, not having Tiki seems to be the norm more often than not (going back to 2019), but not having any Kiwi SB is surprising. Although overpriced, SS always seemed to be able to keep Cloudy Bay available on the Connoisseur list.

It was mentioned by another guest that it was closed on August 18th, and probably since. When we were on the WC one thing they were not short of was Tiki, Champagne was another matter!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Indochine still closed and no Tiki (in fact no New Zealand SB at all) onboard.

Dam..... I wonder if it's just Spirit suffering or if Muse has closed it also. If they are both closed, that would make it significant.

How many guests with you? If it's near capacity, I'd expect that would impact all restaurants with overcrowding?

Hopefully Mr Silver you may be able to find out if this is just temporary and for how long. I k

now this is a first world thing, but when you chose a ship and place restaurants as a huge preference, it's pretty significant.

PS are you able to order from the Indochine menu in Atlantide? If you can, it's less of an issue. Fingers crossed. I'm guessing supplies would be curtailed making it unlikely.

Edited by les37b

from what I gather, it's been closed for well over a month. Why not close the paid restaurants since they are not included? seems reasonable to expect things to be opened you paid for, vs venues that come with a surcharge....it's not Covid, as they have had ample time to add staff. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Observer said:

If Indochine is still closed, why is this the case?  Crew shortage?  Too many crew isolated with Covid?  Low passenger counts that make this additional capacity unnecessary.

Very discouraging.  Will welcome current report.

Head count about 530, waiting for Indochine closure answer.

• Thanks 1

My impression is that the Spirit has become the go-to vessel for conventions, charters and travel-agent discount promotions, sailing shorter voyages on well-tread itineraries.  That said, when I was on it in the spring, Indochine was open and Atlantide was open for lunch.    

2 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

My impression is that the Spirit has become the go-to vessel for conventions, charters and travel-agent discount promotions, sailing shorter voyages on well-tread itineraries.  That said, when I was on it in the spring, Indochine was open and Atlantide was open for lunch.    

Not any longer.

16 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

They are using the Spirit for the 2024 Grand Voyage Africa & Arabia - 62 days long.  We're booked on this GV and I hoped SS would have used a newer vessel, but it should be fine.  I find it more than a coincidence Indochine is experiencing closures on both the Spirit and the the Muse right now.

2 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

The dress code downgrade continues, Informal last night seems to have become Jacket optional, with the ‘just off the beach’ look much in evidence.

As you are surely aware, casual attire is acceptable on informal nights in La Terrazza.  

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

The dress code downgrade continues, Informal last night seems to have become Jacket optional, with the ‘just off the beach’ look much in evidence.

Are you still hanging in there on formal?  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

It’s gaping to happen as younger people cruise, if they want to fill the ship Silversea will have to change he rules if they want the business.

15 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

It’s gaping to happen as younger people cruise, if they want to fill the ship Silversea will have to change he rules if they want the business.

Being “younger” has nothing to do with it. 

On the SS cruises we’ve been on, the “younger” people, including my wife and I have all happily dressed up for formal nights. 

It was some of the “older” people who didn’t. 

• Like 3