What does the Dedicated Pre-cruise Service Desk do for Platinum?

jtrollin

11 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

Look at tier benefits for latitude members on NCL.com

I have looked all over the NCL website and all it says is that I get that benefit, no where can I find what it actually provides..   https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program#tier_benefits does not tell me anything. 

searching NCL

https://www.ncl.com/search?Ntt=dedicated pre-cruise service desk

Only provides the phone number, not what they actually can do for you.

Googling or searching the forums here did not give any details either, if it was that easy, I would not have asked..

48 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Have you tried calling?

Latitudes 2022-09-02 FAQ clip.jpg

No, but that is more because I really don't like talking if I don't have to, you would also think there would be some explanation of the benefit somewhere, but if there was I have not found it yet.  Was hoping someone here knew so I would not have to push past my social anxiety and make a call.

50 minutes ago, jtrollin said:

No, but that is more because I really don't like talking if I don't have to, you would also think there would be some explanation of the benefit somewhere, but if there was I have not found it yet.  Was hoping someone here knew so I would not have to push past my social anxiety and make a call.

I guess you are out of luck.

2 hours ago, jtrollin said:

I also prefer "printed" rules/explanations/reservations, etc.  Sadly, NCL does not seem to do a very good job with creating documents that are clearly informative.

However, I do feel relatively certain that a Pre-Cruise Concierge would NOT know what the actual pre-boarding seating availability would be on the day anyone calls.

Most Latitudes members learn to pre-book ASAP prior to the cruise.  And, if changes need to be made once onboard, get those changes made ASAP.

What the Pre-Cruise Concierge can do, is see what is still be available for "Pre-booking"!  We have called to alter reservations we mistakenly booked in opposite order of when we wanted.  So, there is value in making the call.

I hope that you are able to get the bookings you desire!

Edited by ggTexasGal
edited error
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

They don't do much, from the sounds of it. Here's what I found just using the search term on Google, "dedicated pre cruise platinum ncl." 

image.png.22bc1b4eb9383f753bdf33f3e5710025.png

Source: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/norwegian-cruise-latitudes-rewards-loyalty-program/

Unless you are in a suite, the concierge service is never, ever offered and normally won't help. 

It appears that the following three Platinum benefits are basically the same and they are available “pre-cruise” only by calling the dedicated pre-cruise service number.

image.thumb.jpeg.07455d8829b7003f23ec418cea0b8676.jpeg

NCL Terms and Conditions define as:

Early Pre-booking Access for Entertainment, Dining, Onboard Activities – Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond & Ambassador

Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, and Ambassador members are eligible for early pre-booking access for onboard activities, dining, and entertainment. Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in standard or Club Balcony staterooms are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 125 days prior to embarkation day. Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in suites or the Haven are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 130 days prior to embarkation day. Ambassadors booked in any stateroom category are eligible for early pre-booking access for onboard activities, dining, and entertainment at 130 days prior to embarkation day.

All pre-booking is subject to availability. NCL reserves the right to turn off pre-booking features at any time.

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

It appears that the following three Platinum benefits are basically the same and they are available “pre-cruise” only by calling the dedicated pre-cruise service number.

image.thumb.jpeg.07455d8829b7003f23ec418cea0b8676.jpeg

NCL Terms and Conditions define as:

Early Pre-booking Access for Entertainment, Dining, Onboard Activities – Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond & Ambassador

Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, and Ambassador members are eligible for early pre-booking access for onboard activities, dining, and entertainment. Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in standard or Club Balcony staterooms are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 125 days prior to embarkation day. Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in suites or the Haven are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 130 days prior to embarkation day. Ambassadors booked in any stateroom category are eligible for early pre-booking access for onboard activities, dining, and entertainment at 130 days prior to embarkation day.

All pre-booking is subject to availability. NCL reserves the right to turn off pre-booking features at any time.

The third one of those is available online. No need to call anyone.

Yes. True for dining. And since Entertainment reservations are not currently available prior to boarding, that’s pretty much a non-benefit.  Lol.  Anyway lots of words to create a lot of fluff around a loyalty benefit.  But booking dining before other passengers is appreciated. 

Here was the proforma reply from our last cruise from the pre-cruise concierge desk, NOT because of our Platinum+/Sapphire status, but only b/c we booked 2 non-Haven "suites" on the (exclusively only) Joy and ... 

Suffice to say, once onboard / Day 1 - went to the Dining Reservation Desk and they had no records of our requests whatsoever, zero reservations and offered 6 of us the best available specialty dining spot ... for a late evening dining time of 8:30 p.m. mid-week (or, was it 9 p.m.) as best available.  I thank the hostess on duty kindly for her effort but respectfully declined - instead, we did an easy walk-up in the MDR and was promptly seated within 5 minutes.  

Thank you for your inquiry. We have sent your request for dining directly to the ship and it will be confirmed once you are onboard with Concierge. You will not see the request on your end as its sent internally. Please speak to the maitre' d in regards seating as we cannot guarantee seating. If you have any further questions feel free to let us know. 

At your service,

Norwegian Concierge Desk
P: +1 855-625-4283
NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com | www.ncl.com
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

Footnote - otherwise, this time around, we aren't sailing in one of the SP or SC "suites" again with just DW and I, and nothing at all being communicated directly about the availability of this Platinum services, zero .. none whatsoever.  But, alas, we'll manage just fine to get our wish onboard the Joy later this month.  

Good luck taking advantage of this benefits but some of us knew better and not going to be disappointed with a ruined cruise vacation. If we do get pleasantly surprised, it's no thanks to the Concierge Desk but rather the onboard staff ... my understanding from a recent Sapphire member that sailed advised us that they hired many new employees working onboard for the first time and many're still in training this summer & being coached - and crew shortage remained as some of the SE Asia crews chose not to return to working & living at sea, FWIW.