Southampton Parking

wowzz

33 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

We were with CPS for our August cruise on Iona, held in a queue for 45 mins before we could unload our baggage.  We spoke to one of the CPS staff who said that lots of people turned up at 11.30, even though their embarkation time was much later.  Our embarkation time was 12, didn't get into the terminal until 1pm. 

Our son who was with P4C drove straight in unloaded his bags and waited for us. Ive changed the free parking to OBC and will in future be going with P4C.    

That's the problem people not sticking to their allotted times. We turned up at 2.15pm our allocated time and literally sailed thro with CPS and it was the best option for us imo. 

I have used both P4C and CPS over the years but now prefer CPS even though more expensive. P4C seem to have increased their prices more than CPS and when I checked for a cruise in October there wasn't a great deal of difference in price. But my main reason is CPS do not take your car out of the dock boundaries and park your car in a secure area. P4C nobody knows for definite other than a secure area on a nearby industrial estate a couple of miles on public highway. I want my car driven as little  around Southampton as possible.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

CPS do not take your car out of the dock boundaries

Are you sure about that? Earlier this year they were certainly taking cars out of the dock area at Ocean Terminal.

P4C nobody knows for definite other than a secure area on a nearby industrial estate a couple of miles on public highway

I knew exactly where my car was with P4C as I have tracking on the car, and it was about a mile away from Ocean Terminal

I have used both P4C and CPS over the years but now prefer CPS even though more expensive. P4C seem to have increased their prices more than CPS and when I checked for a cruise in October there wasn't a great deal of difference in price. But my main reason is CPS do not take your car out of the dock boundaries and park your car in a secure area. P4C nobody knows for definite other than a secure area on a nearby industrial estate a couple of miles on public highway. I want my car driven as little  around Southampton as possible.

After we changed from CPS to P4C, we noticed that the mileage from car park to storage actually reduced.

• Like 1

There Head Office is in Millbank Street but I am not sure if that is where they store the cars. Their website says cars never travel more than 3 miles so depends on which terminal you are at as it will vary. What worries me is I contacted them once asking where the cars are stored as I have an expensive car. They wouldn't give me a definite answer only that it is secure and has CCTV but wouldn't say where exactly. If they had nothing to hide why not put it on their website or say when asked.

We parked with P4C last October and were told they were using a warehouse within the dock area.  There was only about three miles on the clock during that time. 

Cars were apparently being parked close to each other one by one, so they had to take them out on reverse order with only one car on the end of the row having a door which could be opened.

Edited by tring

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

They wouldn't give me a definite answer only that it is secure and has CCTV but wouldn't say where exactly. If they had nothing to hide why not put it on their website or say when asked.

Because it might make it easier for car thieves to steal expensive cars?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, david63 said:

Are you sure about that? Earlier this year they were certainly taking cars out of the dock area at Ocean Terminal.

I knew exactly where my car was with P4C as I have tracking on the car, and it was about a mile away from Ocean Terminal

It states on CPS website that all cars are parked in secure compounds within the docks and adjacent to cruise terminals.

Edited by majortom10

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

There Head Office is in Millbank Street but I am not sure if that is where they store the cars. Their website says cars never travel more than 3 miles so depends on which terminal you are at as it will vary. What worries me is I contacted them once asking where the cars are stored as I have an expensive car. They wouldn't give me a definite answer only that it is secure and has CCTV but wouldn't say where exactly. If they had nothing to hide why not put it on their website or say when asked.

I would assume they would want to have flexibility as some bookings could be made well ahead of time.  Also perhaps they would prefer not to publish exact location for security reasons.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

But if I am parking with their company I have a right to know where my car park is being parked and they wouldn't tell me.

And if your car was stolen from their compound, but they had stated on their website or  divulged the location to other customers, you would not consider that they had an element of liability for that theft?

They're damned if they don't and damned if they do.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Do you know exactly where COS  park your car? The port area is actually a massive area, and I doubt its anymore secure than most reputable meet and great firms.

• Like 1