Voyager

renza

3 hours ago, island lady said:

All I know is that I have written confirmation of the prepaid embarkation lunch for the four...listed as Chops.  Will be on the ship two week prior to that lunch, so will ask.  

I had the Chops embark lunch confirmed in my Cruise Planner as well on my cruise in October, however they moved us all to Giovanni's instead for free and we got our lunch in Chops on the day 5 sea day just like @rudeney.  I was happy with the free lunch, I had been told all my life there was no such thing!  lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

All I know is that I have written confirmation of the prepaid embarkation lunch for the four...listed as Chops.  Will be on the ship two week prior to that lunch, so will ask.  

I had the UDP and had the suite concierge book for me in advance.  I just happened to stop into Giovanni's when I boarded to make sure everything was in order, and that's when I was told lunch was there for embarkation and had been swapped for Chops.  Later that cruise at dinner in Chops, I asked our waiter why that happened and he told me about it being used for  Windjammer overflow.  That may have changed.  I'll be interested to hear your experience. 

If I knew the Key includes both a Giovanni's embarkation lunch, and a Chops lunch later, I'd be more likely to get it.  Seating in WJ embarkation lunch is such a frequent complaint, that using Chops as an overflow seating sounds like a good idea.  

10 hours ago, Broons77 said:

I had the Chops embark lunch confirmed in my Cruise Planner as well on my cruise in October, however they moved us all to Giovanni's instead for free and we got our lunch in Chops on the day 5 sea day just like @rudeney.  I was happy with the free lunch, I had been told all my life there was no such thing!  lol

I wouldn't have any problem doing Giovanni's for lunch versus Chops...and I know my sister would love it as well.  🙂 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, renza said:

Does anyone know what time we can get on board?  Always on Oasis class when we leave early, not sure when we can board leaving at 8 pm

Earliest check in usually starts around noon - boarding probably around the same.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

If I knew the Key includes both a Giovanni's embarkation lunch, and a Chops lunch later, I'd be more likely to get it.  Seating in WJ embarkation lunch is such a frequent complaint, that using Chops as an overflow seating sounds like a good idea.  

The Key embarkation lunch is not served in Giovanni's or Chops.  It's a version of the Chops menu served in the MDR.  The food is prepared by the MDR staff in the MDR kitchen, so it may not be quite up the same meal you'd get if you were to eat lunch in Chops.   

• Like 1