How noisy are Aqua Class cabins on M-class ships?

letsgogogo

Looking for feedback specifically from those who have stayed in aqua class on an M class ship…

I have a move up bid out there but now I am second guessing. I have read so many reviews of noise from being under the pool or the buffet. Of course with MoveUp you have no choice about which cabin you get. I’m curious if the noise issues are just posted by overly sensitive people, or if there truly is disruption. And we are currently in an inside cabin so I have bids on all other non suite cabins. I would be willing to spend a good bit more for aqua because it is a 12 night cruise and having access to Blu would help mix it up more. At the same time, I don’t want to be unhappy in a terribly noisy room. Am I overthinking this? I am not horribly sensitive, but if the noise is bad… That doesn’t sound relaxing

Generally a good rule is that  cabins which do not, for whatever reason, have passenger cabins, above, below,  and to each side, are noisier.  Same goes for cabins that have a connecting door to an adjoining cabin.

I/we try to avoid cabins below the pool deck, unless you are a heavy sleeper and noise does not bother you.

Remember the crew has to clean the ship sometime, and often this is during the late night and early morning hours. 

We were on deck 11 the week after they installed the outdoor movie! In our cabin we heard nothing from the movie and was surprised since Star Wars was playing! All during the cruise, in my opinion, we heard very little noise!

1 hour ago, adolfo2 said:

I found it noisy when they had a deck-party. Only once on our 9-night.

You were lucky!

Stay away from  areas  under/near the band/ dj  and dance floor...  too many parties, zumba etc..   Our supposedly wonderful  midships  M class ( AQ) room literally vibrated at sail away,    Celeb staff  quickly confirmed it was true,  and we moved our cabin by dinner time.  Nice quiet area closer to front of ship...loved it.

We stayed in an aqua class cabin on deck nine of the summit earlier this year. We were under the solarium area and only heard them cleaning the floors one night, but it didn’t last long at all. 
Another thing to consider is that the balconies on the ninth floor have a large overhang over them, so while you don’t get direct sunshine on you, you’ll also be covered if there’s light rain

We were offered an Aqua class room at incredible rate, but the ones that were available were directly below something (it varied). We chose to go with a Concierge level room (also at a good rate) that was one deck down and surrounded by other cabins 3-dimensionally, except for veranda. Our choice.

It's more of an issue for my spouse. My hearing is shot, as I wear hearing aids. So when I take them out to sleep, it's like natural earplugs. Only advantages of hearing loss. Would not recommend.

Edited by CruiseMrB

Deck 11 cabins on Constellation were lovely and did not hear anything from the Basketball court or movie.  On Millenium in Alaska we were in Aqua under the pool deck but did not hear any noise.  Also had the big overhang which I liked as I could stay out if it was misty or raining.