Iona latest embarkation info

posford

hi anyone who has been on Iona very recently.

we are Baltic so can embark from 12:00.

when we get on can we go to the lunch or will we have to go to the muster station first?

can not find this info anywhere.

any info on the process will be appreciated 

19 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Muster is usually around 4 pm.  Latest embarkation is about 3.30, so it would have to be when everybody is on board.  But if you're Baltic, you would know that surely?

Muster no longer takes place, you just have to visit your muster station some time after boarding and have your boarding card scanned. Then you are supposed to watch the safety video on your TV. I cant remember whether we visited the muster station before or after the loyalty boarding lunch in June, but I guess either is acceptable up to about 4,00 pm when the last boarding is taking place.

We scanned both our boarding passes when we first got on but for some reason mine hadn't scanned on his machine and I got a letter posted to cabin 3 days later that I hadn't been to my muster station wasn't happy for been on ths naughty step 

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Muster no longer takes place, you just have to visit your muster station some time after boarding and have your boarding card scanned. Then you are supposed to watch the safety video on your TV. I cant remember whether we visited the muster station before or after the loyalty boarding lunch in June, but I guess either is acceptable up to about 4,00 pm when the last boarding is taking place.

They generally direct you to your muster station before the lunch. Much easier now.

• Like 1

On recent cruises… Straight to your  muster station as soon as you board… It only  takes a minute now… They basically scan you in,  explain  that is your muster point and request that you watch the safety video on your cabin TV before the ship departs.  Simples. 

• Like 1

I was on Iona last week. I too felt like a newbie again as it was 3 years + 4 months since my last cruise. But I had a brilliant time. I'd forgotten how much I loved cruising, and the ship was absolutely stunning. The member of staff when I first stepped onboard told me where my muster station was and said I should watch the safety thing on my cabin TV.  But I didn't have to go to the muster station. Then she pointed me in the direction of the priority lunch venue, which was the Pearl restaurant. A few minutes later I was sitting with a glass of wine, chatting to people about cruising. And it was as if I'd never been away from it all.

• Like 2