Move Up - now only 21 days out

JLMcruise

I called customer service and wrote an email. I was told Celebrity will now only accept a Move Up bid 21 days out. We have never had to wait for 21 days. In August - we did a move up and was notified 16 days prior to our cruise our bid was accepted that we had placed 45 days prior to the cruise. The customer agent stated this is a new policy. We are Elite members and have never had to wait until 21 days prior. Has anyone experienced this? Our next cruise is October 8th and the 15th.

45 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

<snip> BTW, your CC status makes no difference.

Can't address the 21 day issue, but the Captain's Club level does make a difference in a MoveUp bid.The percentages shown below are added to the original bid.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/captains-club/program-changes

Looking to take your vacation to the next level? You’re in luck. MoveUp allows you to bid on a stateroom upgrade after you’ve purchased your cruise. As a valued Captain’s Club member your bid gets a bonus boost based on your tier. So, you get more value than what you bid. Classic members get an extra 1% multiplier, Select members get a 2% multiplier, Elite members get a 3% multiplier, Elite Plus members get a 4% multiplier, and Zenith members get a 5% multiplier. 

• Like 1

On most cruises 21 day were always the norm. Notification of acceptance a few days before the cruise.  So tbh no reason to call and block another line with customer service 🤷🏻

The new part: Loyalty level makes a difference in a factor they internally add to your bid. The higher you are, the better your chance that a lower bid might be accepted.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1

I noticed others in my rollcall were getting Move Up offers but I had not (75  days out). The '21 day' message came up when I attempted to participate via the website. I contacted 

CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com and requested an offer. They responded within a week. 

My situation may not have fit the normal criteria. I was already in an EV on the Beyond but wanted to be able to bid in an IC. Minimum bid is shown as $5k (pp). 

35 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

I noticed others in my rollcall were getting Move Up offers but I had not (75  days out). The '21 day' message came up when I attempted to participate via the website. I contacted 

CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com and requested an offer. They responded within a week. 

I had the same experience.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

i got moveup offers over 60 days out for our Beyond sailing in Opctober.

I'm assuming timing depends on the cabin category you're booked in, availability, and when the person in charge decides to flip the switch.

Ditto.  Got the email a bit more than 60 days out for our 31 October Reflection sailing.  Not sure about how category figures into it.  There are only 2 cabins we could upgrade to, and they've both been booked for over a year.  Definitely a backfill in the event of a cancellation.

• Like 1

I am booked in an AQ cabin on November 12 Apex sailing and have not received any communication re Moveup. However, I have been checking periodically on the link under “Manage Reservation.” The first few times, I got a message to wait until 21 days out. But yesterday, I was able to submit an offer for a SS.

YMMV, as I have no idea why it worked for me yesterday, since we are still 60+ days out!

8 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

YMMV, as I have no idea why it worked for me yesterday, since we are still 60+ days out!

It's clear there are no hard and fast rules on this.  It seems apparent Moveup is available based on the sailing and occupancy.  If customer service quotes 21 days, maybe it's because that's what they're trained to say to keep guests from breathing down their necks. 

Edited by mfs2k
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

Can't address the 21 day issue, but the Captain's Club level does make a difference in a MoveUp bid.The percentages shown below are added to the original bid.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/captains-club/program-changes

Looking to take your vacation to the next level? You’re in luck. MoveUp allows you to bid on a stateroom upgrade after you’ve purchased your cruise. As a valued Captain’s Club member your bid gets a bonus boost based on your tier. So, you get more value than what you bid. Classic members get an extra 1% multiplier, Select members get a 2% multiplier, Elite members get a 3% multiplier, Elite Plus members get a 4% multiplier, and Zenith members get a 5% multiplier. 

Agreed it makes a difference in that sense, but not in timing or chances.

I did a bid on Aug 29 for a Sept 24 sailing. I am elite and bid on 4 different cabins.  One of the bids is saying it is a strong bid.  I have yet to hear anything but do see cabins still available in all the ones I bid on.  One of them has over 100 open.  My questions is will they allow the move ups with all those cabins and fill as many of the move up offers as they can.  Just trying to get a veranda for now, anyone have thoughts on if this bid will be accepted.  I am also over the minimum on all the other cabins to.  This is my first time doing this.   

20 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Could well be that sales are good for those dates and there is no need for move-up bids yet. BTW, your CC status makes no difference.

I think that comment had more to do with being long-time cruisers, and not waving the status banner.  However, I could be wrong.  I just made a MoveUp offer where the suites are wide open for bids.  The price for suites, IMHO, are crazy, causing this effect.  Final payment was a long time ago...for me it was a no-brainer not to book a suite, but it may just turn out the way I wanted, but for a lot less.  If it does not work out, I am happy with my SV and four restaurants.  Win/win is always good.

Edited by Lastdance

9 hours ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

I am booked in an AQ cabin on November 12 Apex sailing and have not received any communication re Moveup. However, I have been checking periodically on the link under “Manage Reservation.” The first few times, I got a message to wait until 21 days out. But yesterday, I was able to submit an offer for a SS.

Not unusual at all!  Good Luck!

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Not unusual at all!  Good Luck!

Happy for everyone who can bid....Just checked again for October 8th and 15th cruise and got the error "21 day notice".  I think the Customer Service gave me a line. I believe their is a glitch in their system. We did Move Up for our August cruise 45 days out. When I attempt the Move Up now - it lists our old reservations from August. When I type in the new reservations numbers for October - is when I get the 21 day notice. We have done move up bids on 4 different cruises and this has never happened before. Oh well - will be happy with our current cabin if it doesn't;t get resolved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

I bid last week for our September 22nd cruise. My bid says strong but I haven’t received a email.

This is my first time with move up. What is the difference between rejected and expired?

I have only done it once before but like you I am waiting on a couple of bids for our 9 October cruise. I think the bids stay as pending until they make their mind up who is getting what. The bids that you are not getting are changed to expired. If they all go expired then you stay where you are. If one remains as pending then your bid is likely to be accepted within a few days and you get an email to that effect.

I suspect that this late in the day that they are waiting to see what late covid cancellations occur unless there are cabins still available for your cruise. Ours is almost fully sold out with no suites available to book.

The other one that we did we were successful with for a PH and heard around 4 weeks before the cruise.

Good luck.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank