How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

On 10/10/2023 at 6:52 PM, HiCCCs said:

That's an interesting observation. Two weeks back I had gone in and "played around" with the bids on my B2B and saw that I had to increase the bid because the original bid wasn't available. But then I thought maybe it's a promotion gimmick.....I didn't cancel my original bid...I just attempted to modify it...and the only way to modify it was to increase the bid. I wonder what would happen if I cancelled the bid and then tried to bid again. Would it drop back down and be able to make the lower/original bid. Does that make sense?

Anyone have experience with that?

Just try and see what happens!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

32 days out from my 15 day TA, my bid to upgrade from guarantee mini suite to a premium suite has been accepted!  I was given FCC for Covid isolation on the Enchanted in August so I bid the whole amount which was the very minimum bid, and it worked!  Surprised and delighted. 

Happy for you!! Have the best time!

• Like 2

Win my upgrade bid yesterday, 31 days out from sailing on CB 

Inside to obstructed view oceanview.

$20 total. Yup, bid the minimum $10 bid, as a solo have to pay double - $20 for a window! And, better location actually, with larger room ..  only a minimal obstruction thankfully.  

Couldn't resist at $20 bucks...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi friends!!!!

One week until sail away.....and today, my Princess app popped up a new screen when I opened the booking and it has one of those scan code things and it says my deck is "pending" and it says my cabin is "pending". However, I haven't received an email saying my bid has been accepted or rejected.  I think this is the same issue reported earlier by "I object 2" .... and they didn't get the upgrade.  I'm guessing that I'm not getting it either. But that's fine. I have a nice balcony room with which I will be very satisfied as a solo ..... and I won't have to pack up and change rooms since I'm doing a B2B. 

AND I'M GOING ON A CRUISE!!!! Oh, did I forget to mention, I'M GOING ON A CRUISE!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 5:57 AM, HiCCCs said:

Hi friends!!!!

One week until sail away.....and today, my Princess app popped up a new screen when I opened the booking and it has one of those scan code things and it says my deck is "pending" and it says my cabin is "pending". However, I haven't received an email saying my bid has been accepted or rejected.  I think this is the same issue reported earlier by "I object 2" .... and they didn't get the upgrade.  I'm guessing that I'm not getting it either. But that's fine. I have a nice balcony room with which I will be very satisfied as a solo ..... and I won't have to pack up and change rooms since I'm doing a B2B. 

AND I'M GOING ON A CRUISE!!!! Oh, did I forget to mention, I'M GOING ON A CRUISE!!!!

Cabin pending, deck pending..just means you bid on an UG.  You may find out as late as 1 day before, if it is approved or disapproved by email.

Have a great cruise.

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2023 at 1:19 PM, CalTexCruiser said:

Just got notified of our upgrade from mini-suite to penthouse suite on Regal.

11 days away from our sailing.

We bid a little bit over the minimum.

Wow! Lucky you! I've done the same thing and not had any luck. 

On 10/13/2023 at 12:19 PM, CalTexCruiser said:

Just got notified of our upgrade from mini-suite to penthouse suite on Regal.

11 days away from our sailing.

We bid a little bit over the minimum.

One cruise or back to back? I'm bidding on the same categories and wanting to know if they wait longer to hand out the penthouses. 

9 hours ago, photomikey said:

One cruise or back to back? I'm bidding on the same categories and wanting to know if they wait longer to hand out the penthouses. 

One 12-day cruise.

At around the 30-day mark, several on our roll call got notified of their upgrades, including one person from a Reserve Class Mini-Suite to a Premium Suite.

After that, all mini-suites and full suites showed sold out, at which point I concluded that the upgrades have occurred and we lost.

Then out of the blue, at the 11-day mark, we got our upgrade to the Penthouse.  Perhaps they wanted to see if they can get better bids before deciding on the Penthouse?  Or the Penthouse was not available at the 30-day mark and someone cancelled later?

Good luck on your bids.  And it appears there may be hope until closer to sailing.

Edited by CalTexCruiser
  • Like 2

We’re on the Emerald Princess 11/4, NY to Fort Lauderdale. We bid $280pp to go from inside to a balcony. I received an email indicating our bid was rejected with a counter offer of $50pp to go to an obstructed ocean view. We declined because we were concerned about ending up in a noisy location. Maybe we’ll get another offer 🤞

I’m booked on the Sun in 2025. I plan to resist the urge to bid for upgrade (no promises) but the location of some of the upgraded mini suites are near elevators and not in the best locations. The buffet is on the lower floors too. I can’t wait until the first reviews in 2024.

34 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

How could you tell?

I did a search on the princess website and on one of the big online TAs.

For the nerds out there, what I observed is that a few days before the first round of bid acceptances, all of the full suites (one Premium and one PH) disappeared from inventory, and then a few days, the bid acceptances were sent out.  It appears that the third party that handles the bids takes cabins out of inventory for processing.

Edited by CalTexCruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As I mentioned previously, we did not get our bid rejection letter until just one day before sailing.  We just got home from completing the trip last night.  But unless you think Princess might be just a little slow with their emails, this morning I received an email telling me that the excursions on the cruise (we just completed) are filling up fast, but there is still time for me to book a tour if I hurry!! LOL LOL

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, JeffM1 said:

But unless you think Princess might be just a little slow with their emails, this morning I received an email telling me that the excursions on the cruise (we just completed) are filling up fast, but there is still time for me to book a tour if I hurry!! LOL LOL

This morning I got one too for a cruise that ended September 26th!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2023 at 11:35 AM, JeffM1 said:

As I mentioned previously, we did not get our bid rejection letter until just one day before sailing.  We just got home from completing the trip last night.  But unless you think Princess might be just a little slow with their emails, this morning I received an email telling me that the excursions on the cruise (we just completed) are filling up fast, but there is still time for me to book a tour if I hurry!! LOL LOL

I got one too.  Cruise ended Sept. 29.  

• Like 1

We received our bid at 31 days out Regal Princess sailing out of Galveston for November 5th sailing.
BE to MB for $220 each, that was almost the max bid I think $230 was max.
there were at least 20 mini suites available to book still at the time our upgrade came thru.
i saw someone post in our FB group they won their bid so I checked mine showed expired status and about an hour later I got an email w/ a new cabin number and saw the charge come thru on my CC.

our friends also got their upgrade same day regular balcony to premium deluxe i dont remember how much the bid.

• Like 3

I have been patiently waiting for my upgrade window to open and when it did open, I got the message "This reservation is not eligible for Princess Upgrade at this time."  I am bummed because on our last two cruises, I could bid, and I won both bids.  I am hoping it eventually opens up for us.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Amy G said:

I have been patiently waiting for my upgrade window to open and when it did open, I got the message "This reservation is not eligible for Princess Upgrade at this time."  I am bummed because on our last two cruises, I could bid, and I won both bids.  I am hoping it eventually opens up for us.

If you're at the exact day it says the open, ie trying at 85 days, you're too early. Give it another day or two after the days out listed as when it opens .. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reedprincess said:

If you're at the exact day it says the open, ie trying at 85 days, you're too early. Give it another day or two after the days out listed as when it opens .. 

It opened 6 days ago, so I am not. sure what is going on.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Amy G said:

You'll get an email in a few days offering you the opportunity to bid on an upgrade. Mine came a few days after the opportunity was supposed to be open but I got that message when I tried. 

Wait for the email. Then you'll know your cruise is open. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1