New Carnival internet prices

CLTflyer1977

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

The last time they hiked prices they had the same issues. They delayed the price hike a day or so last time but haven't heard of the same happening this time.

If you're going to be on the Sunshine (I see you are in Charleston), I wouldn't bother. I was just on her last week and the internet is absolutely useless unless you just want to be frustrated.

I just saw right now that this price hike was happening and I was so bummed as we planned to get the social media package for 4 of us (to be able to keep in contact with our kids on the ship) and the premium Wifi for our son who has to be able to do his college schooling during the cruise.  It was going to cost a lot extra.  I went immediately to check prices and they hadn't gone up yet!
 YEA!! We were able to grab it for the cheaper prices!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

The last time they hiked prices they had the same issues. They delayed the price hike a day or so last time but haven't heard of the same happening this time.

If you're going to be on the Sunshine (I see you are in Charleston), I wouldn't bother. I was just on her last week and the internet is absolutely useless unless you just want to be frustrated.

Yep, it's Sunshine. I'm not particular about having internet because I want to disconnect, but he wants it. We are going to Nassau so I figure I can check email, etc, in port in a bar somewhere on wifi.

On 9/22/2022 at 8:07 AM, pe4all said:

Ah, the days I used to take my families cell phones and lock them in the cabin safe, never to be seen for 7 days.  Unfortunately, with the Hub app I need to carry my phone around now - boo!  I do not buy the ship's internet - but I do carry my phone when at a port and use ATT day pass.

Yep, miss those days for sure. I hate that we truly have to carry a phone around with us now just for dinner reservations, etc. I still limit it to being used simply for necessity and that's it. My choice, may not be everyone's.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 9:27 AM, sunkey1 said:

Agree totally, just stating that for "many" who select that OPTION, they now spend more time "sharing" their experiences with everyone - real time, rather than sharing the memories when they get home. Somehow, 30 years ago, I managed to go on vacation, leaving my kids with the grandparents and still managed to have a great time. I chose to live rather than to HOVER. I have elderly parents (4 between my hub and I), and we are going on vacation soon and will leave the ship emergency number but beyond that, nope, going to enjoy. Maybe that makes me uncaring - don't care! 😄

Everyone’s different which is wonderful. I never go a few days without texting my grandpa while I’m on vacation. He loves the pictures and the food. Though I don’t share with anyone but him or my mom so I’m not a normal 30 year old since I don’t use social lol. 

I think we are about done with the internet package. It was going to be over $80 on the lowest plan for our upcoming 8 day cruise next month and we're having a hard justifying it. When I think of our time on the ship and what we use it for....idk, too much money for too little value. We generally use it to kill time when we are waiting for something or laying down before bed. I think we'll be just fine without it or maybe we just get 1 and share if/when needed. I definitely like the idea of being disconnected so maybe this latest price increase is the push I need lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruiserbrianj said:

I think we are about done with the internet package. It was going to be over $80 on the lowest plan for our upcoming 8 day cruise next month and we're having a hard justifying it. When I think of our time on the ship and what we use it for....idk, too much money for too little value. We generally use it to kill time when we are waiting for something or laying down before bed. I think we'll be just fine without it or maybe we just get 1 and share if/when needed. I definitely like the idea of being disconnected so maybe this latest price increase is the push I need lol.

i don’t blame you

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruiserbrianj said:

It's very nice being disconnected, it makes you focus on the cruise instead of constantly checking useless websites/videos/social media. Going without it will make you realize just how much most rely on their phones as a fidget device lol. I've never bought it once and won't, it's such a time suck. Congrats on breaking free lol.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, highflyingrealtor said:

I sail in November. Planner online says save up to 15% by buying internet plan online prior to boarding. I put it in the cart but there is no discount shown. Does it get applied later? Or does anyone have any experience on this? Thanks...

I think the price they are showing is 15% less than what you will pay if wait to pay when you get onboard.  

• Like 1