Panorama Debarkation

chasinraynbowz

I am sailing next week on the Panorama out of Long Beach.  I am curious what time platinum guests disembark.  We don't want to carry our luggage but I do have a 1pm flight out of Ontario which is 2 hours away.  I need to be off the ship by 9 or 930.  Is this going to be a problem?  Do I need to change my flight?

You could certainly be off by that time, your real problem is anticipating traffic, two hours could turn into four if something goes bad. If you were going to LB/LA airports I'd say you'd be fine, driving two hours away with LA/IE traffic? Not so much. Too risky IMO. You could do it but I'd carry off your own bags, tip a porter to get you through customs quicker with smile and go and leave a bit earlier just to be safe. This will also act as insurance if the ship has any delays as well.    

31 minutes ago, chasinraynbowz said:

I am sailing next week on the Panorama out of Long Beach.  I am curious what time platinum guests disembark.  We don't want to carry our luggage but I do have a 1pm flight out of Ontario which is 2 hours away.  I need to be off the ship by 9 or 930.  Is this going to be a problem?  Do I need to change my flight?

I think 2 hours is really generous, even with traffic... normally that would take closer to an hour. That being said, some of that will depend on customs. My last trip on the Panorama didn't start ANY debarkation until after 8:30 because customs was short handed or something like that. 

We disembarked Sat the 10th. I don't know if we arrived at LB early due to weather or not but we were there at about 0330. We had priority due to cabin class and we were instructed to be at Deck 4 forward at 0800.

If I remember correctly, I saw people on the gangway by about 0700.

We carried our luggage and didn't even stop at customs, just waived through.

We were in the hotel shuttle by 0750.

I assume this was out of the ordinary...

Edited by DnD CruiserZ

6 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

I think 2 hours is really generous, even with traffic... normally that would take closer to an hour. That being said, some of that will depend on customs. My last trip on the Panorama didn't start ANY debarkation until after 8:30 because customs was short handed or something like that. 

This is the gamble: ship delays, customs delays, baggage delays, a couple of freeway accidents or a major accident with lane shutdowns, airport screening delays/lines etc. All real possibilities with so many moving parts.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this is typical (with the storm and all) but on Saturday we were docked early, and were off the ship by 7:35 (carried our luggage).  We are platinum and they had told us to meet at 8:00 for priority debarkation, but by the time we got there at 7:30, everybody was gone and they ushered us to a very short line and we were off the ship before I knew it. 

I know you don't want to carry your luggage, but the luggage was being put out as we walked away from the terminal about 7:45, so I think the people who did not carry their luggage were right behind us.

Thanks everyone.  I think we will be fine.  tm_aw is correct.  It's really just over an hour to the airport.  As long as I am there by 1130 or so (I am flying first class and have a frequent traveler number, so I can get checked in and thru security fairly quickly) I should be fine.

Thanks again......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DnD CruiserZ said:

We disembarked Sat the 10th. I don't know if we arrived at LB early due to weather or not but we were there at about 0330. We had priority due to cabin class and we were instructed to be at Deck 4 forward at 0800.

If I remember correctly, I saw people on the gangway by about 0700.

We carried our luggage and didn't even stop at customs, just waived through.

We were in the hotel shuttle by 0750.

I assume this was out of the ordinary...

My wife and I were one of those early 0700 folks.  It was a nice surprise to get back on the road to Phoenix earlier than I had originally anticipated.

Is port arrival in long  Beach influenced by itinerary order.?

Our upcoming cruise has Puerto Vallarta as it final stop.

With two sea days I was hoping that there would be less likelihood of a late arrival.

Our airline has.changed our flights to 11.40 am out of Lax.

I am currently waiting to get off the Panorama. It appears they started letting people off around 8:45 or so - I’m assuming priority guests. At 9:15 they started calling by muster station for people with their own luggage. Seems very disorganized. 

Edited by redsox1584

8 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

I am currently waiting to get off the Panorama. It appears they started letting people off around 8:45 or so - I’m assuming priority guests. At 9:15 they started calling by muster station for people with their own luggage. Seems very disorganized. 

I just wanted to add that I was off the ship and in the parking garage at the terminal at 10:30…it took such a long time to get off. And I was carrying off my own bags.