Retreat Tipping question

MarinerAlex

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Good point and this was mentioned in what I read.  Like I said, I’ll bring some with me and once I get to know a couple of the crew I will ask them for their honest feedback.  I’ll post here for anyone who might be interested.

It will be interesting to hear what you learn.  I've always heard that $2 bills are regarded with suspicion.  I find that 2 $1 bills work just as well.  I get supplies of new $1 bills from my bank in packs of $100.  Therefore I always have new, crisp ones.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

And why would you even think it appropriate to ask them about their wages????

Why would you assume I asked?  We were talking about what our server did during the pandemic.  He brought this up to ME out of the blue. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, calicakes said:

Currently on Reflection.  Our server in Luminae told us that they only get paid in gratuities( not anything additional).  That seems very strange.  

I would not want to dispute this directly with him.   Waiters are indeed paid a wage and it may just be his way of tying to increase his tips.   Officially since we either pay as part of a promotion or tips are added they are allocated out to all service staff.   You might want to ask the Maitr 'd to clarify.

I've been told directly both about pay as well as how tips are allocated with the HR Director and the Hotel Manager.   At least one of them usually sit next to us at a Zenith lunch. 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would not want to dispute this directly with him.   Waiters are indeed paid a wage and it may just be his way of tying to increase his tips.   Officially since we either pay as part of a promotion or tips are added they are allocated out to all service staff.   You might want to ask the Maitr 'd to clarify.

I've been told directly both about pay as well as how tips are allocated with the HR Director and the Hotel Manager.   At least one of them usually sit next to us at a Zenith lunch. 

I believe you.  He has a very good server, however, didn't believe him.