Quantum & Ovation Plus - 30 Day Live (hopefully)

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

On Carnival, they have a frozen drink called Caribbean Colada, which has pineapple, coconut, and banana flavors. I have yet to be able to get it on a Royal ship. Is that a Carnival-only thing, or does it have another name that I should ask for? On Ovation last July, the only frozen drink they said they had was pina colada, which was fine, but I really want to branch out. I don't know much about beverages.

What's a Mastercard?

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The bottom half is Strawberry Daiquiri , and the top half is Mango Daiquiri. I like to swirl it all together before drinking it to blend the flavors. A lot of the bartenders don't know this by name, so I sometimes have to describe it. 🙂 

To connect the final dots, in case it’s not obvious from Greg’s description, the colors of the drink look like the Mastercard logo. 

image.png.0549005498cda4bb0073b884934d8ad2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds kinda like a Lava Flow.

Lava Flow

1 oz Rum

1 oz coconut cream of

1 banana 

2 oz pineapple juice

1 cup crushed ice

Blend in Blender

I haven’t had a Lava Flow on this cruise yet. I’ll correct that today. Kraken of course. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

You should be getting calmer seas and nicer weather, the closer you get to Hawaii. At least that was our experience.  Couple days of cool weather with rolling seas, then smooth and warm.  

Enjoy. 

That’s exactly how it has been. Temps have been in the 70s with sun the last couple of days. Seas are fairly gentle. Perfect for sleeping. 

• Like 3

Sounds kinda like a Lava Flow.

Lava Flow

1 oz Rum

1 oz coconut cream of

1 banana 

2 oz pineapple juice

1 cup crushed ice

Blend in Blender

Doesn't the Lava Flow have strawberry too, though? The Caribbean colada did not. However, I am really looking forward to trying the Lava Flow on our Thanksgiving cruise!

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas

Izumi for dinner last night was again disappointing. I’ve said before that it’s been our favorite specialty restaurant on Oasis class. Quantum last week was disappointing and Ovation last night was about like Quantum. The Miso soup was salty. The Champagne Lobster roll had almost no taste at all. The sashimi was not good. The tuna was pink rather than red and a little chewy. 

The manager was walking around and asked how everything was, so I politely told him. He handle it perfectly. He thanked me for the feedback, saying most people just say their meal was good and they never know if there was a problem. He took 20% off the bill, which I want looking for. He also talked with me more in the hall outside the restaurant and said they’ve had problems getting quality ingredients. They’ve had to remove a couple of items from the menu as a result. It felt like he was being honest with me rather than just trying to make me feel good. I respect that.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I haven’t had a Lava Flow on this cruise yet. I’ll correct that today. Kraken of course. 

Of course Kraken and a Kraken topper.

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Doesn't the Lava Flow have strawberry too, though? The Caribbean colada did not. However, I am really looking forward to trying the Lava Flow on our Thanksgiving cruise!

I have two versions for this cocktail and I don't why I gave you the first version. The first version would not give you the red color.  Here is second with strawberries. I think this is the right recipe.

1.5 oz light rum

1oz Kraken

2 oz coconut cream

2 oz pineapple juice

2 oz fresh or frozen strawberries 

1 banana 

Mix strawberries and rum place contents at bottom of glass mix together then mix unused ingredients with crushed ice pour into glass

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I'm sorry I stand corrected again. After looking at my "Cocktail Notes" I looked in my saved copy of the Royal Caribbean Bartenders Training Guide. Here is the screenshot of the proper way to make a Lava Flow. I have adjusted my notes.

859477285_ScreenShot2022-10-06at3_07_58PM.thumb.png.b58f52f03ad6d075225079466ffa1370.png

With any drink you can always add things and that's why I initially had banana in there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

With any drink you can always add things and that's why I initially had banana in there.

This version doesn't have coconut cream, either. I think it sounds better with banana and coconut. Can't wait to try this.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 1

The C&A event with the entertainment family was a Q&A session with the CD hosting and the captains for the 2 different production teams (one in the Royal Theater and a completely separate team in Two70) answering questions. It was typical stuff like what’s the audition process? Who does the choreography?  What other jobs do you have on the ship?

I sat next to the mother of the Two70 team captain. She asked him a question, “I heard a rumor that you used to have a job in Finance and quit to perform on cruise ships. Is that true and if so, why”? 🤣🤣🤣. She was obviously joking as she is VERY proud of her son. We hope to see

our rescheduled performance of Pixel’s Cabaret tonight. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

This version doesn't have coconut cream, either. I think it sounds better with banana and coconut. Can't wait to try this.

That manual is an older one. It may be different now. I make it with the coconut and Banana.

Im on Liberty next week and will investigate what the bartender does. This needs to investigated! 😜

• Like 3

Just came back from a C&A event. They do several things behind the scenes for the crew, including their own version of The Voice where singing crew members get paired up with the pro singers from the theater for coaching. They do a song off and a crew member is crowned champion. They had the top 3 crew members sing for us. They were amazingly talented. 

1564B3FB-0DB2-4EAF-8452-06C4A29F3092.thumb.jpeg.315153ef750537d94cf298d79100a783.jpeg

BD08E3AC-DC70-4639-91D5-45AD7DC35C6E.thumb.jpeg.0bbdc1256bd66300bb351270a77a48df.jpeg

The winner was part of the Activity Staff. We heard him singing before Bingo started the other day and thought then that he had a great voice. 

1A5CEFB0-EC05-4114-B90E-66C89DDFF7F1.thumb.jpeg.6cc846300c2b6d5da90c7963a60c16ca.jpeg

He was sort of a mix between Josh Groban and Julio Iglesias. 

Off to find a Lava Flow. Shouldn’t be hard to find. 

• Like 8