Yeshiva Week cruise on Wonder of the Seas January 2023?

orville99

Just went in to the cruise planner to take care of specialty dining for our 1/15/23 Wonder of the Seas cruise and saw that RCL is transforming the Solarium Bistro into a Kosher venue (all three meals) for that cruise. Sounded like a real good way to go for us until I saw the price of $420/pp for the week (no option to do selected days/meal times).

I looked on line to see if this was a partial charter since it is not listed anywhere on the booking engine, and the only RCL Yeshiva Week cruise I found was on Harmony for the following week and priced completely differently.

Is this another RCL IT glitch, or are they doing multiple Yeshiva Week cruises in January?

On 9/15/2022 at 12:34 PM, orville99 said:

Just went in to the cruise planner to take care of specialty dining for our 1/15/23 Wonder of the Seas cruise and saw that RCL is transforming the Solarium Bistro into a Kosher venue (all three meals) for that cruise. Sounded like a real good way to go for us until I saw the price of $420/pp for the week (no option to do selected days/meal times).

I looked on line to see if this was a partial charter since it is not listed anywhere on the booking engine, and the only RCL Yeshiva Week cruise I found was on Harmony for the following week and priced completely differently.

Is this another RCL IT glitch, or are they doing multiple Yeshiva Week cruises in January?

7 hours ago, tokidoki said:

The package at $60 per day,  (adult), is for the entire cruise, all meals.  There’s also a tip added on for the staff.

True, and as I said, there is no option to book for just one or two dinners (like we would for the other specialty restaurants), and it is a separate cost from any of the specialty dining packages. We like to eat kosher occasionally, but not paying an additional $420/pp (++) if we only want to eat there once or twice.😞

17 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I was on Oasis a few years ago not knowing the sailing was booked with a large group in January.

Going forward I’ll stay far far away. 

We had the same experience.  One of our favorite restaurants is solarium bistro.  It was closed to us all week.

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

True, and as I said, there is no option to book for just one or two dinners (like we would for the other specialty restaurants), and it is a separate cost from any of the specialty dining packages. We like to eat kosher occasionally, but not paying an additional $420/pp (++) if we only want to eat there once or twice.😞

this package isn't a specialty restaurant, so its understandable that the package is for the entire cruise, 3 meals per day.   since we eat kosher,  its exciting to finally have freshly prepared food, without the higher costs of a certain company, even though they do a great job!

On 9/15/2022 at 12:34 PM, orville99 said:

The Harmony is a partial charter.

The Yeshiva week and the Kosher program are done by Royal.

Kosher program.jpg

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The Harmony is a partial charter.

The Yeshiva week and the Kosher program are done by Royal.

Thanks Ken. When we booked the Wonder for the 15th., there was no indication that this would be one of the Yeshiva Week cruises. The only one listed was the one on Harmony for the next week. I just wish that they would have given passengers the opportunity to book the Bistro/Kosher venue on a night by night (space available) basis like we book the specialty restaurants. It would be really nice to be able to mix a few kosher dinners in with the rest of the upscale dining choices. I would rather drop $$ on a true Kosher dinner than on doing a second night in Gio's or Chops.

• Like 2