But is Carnival the ONLY line reducing late night and/or free room service options

Weeziblu

I have very little experience on other cruise lines (sailed NCL once).  With all the talk about Carnival eliminating food options, I wonder if those of you who cruise other lines regularly could shed some light on what late night food options are available on NCL and Royal?  And how each charges (or not) for room service.  

I hear people saying they are ready to jump ship to another brand and I'm curious as what is the benefit on these two topics specifically.

3 minutes ago, asalligo said:

No, royal and msc both have. The more expensive lines like celebrity have not. 

We sail on both Carnival and Celebrity. Carnival's pricing is not that much less than Celebrity's for us on the itineraries that we sail ( we do not qualify for the super cheap rates that others seem to get, and we are in Colorado so we cannot easily take advantage of last minute rates). We are starting to sail less on Carnival than we have in the past, since the value for us is disappearing. 

• Like 2

The real question surrounds the financials of the cruise lines. After being shutdown for 2 years, having to still deal with COVID, and now unprecedented shortages, inflation, etc., the question is how each cruise line is making their money back. 

Perhaps changes make a product less attractive to you. Perhaps you are overreacting on things that don't matter. One way or another, the cruise lines are going to make their money.

The obsession some people have over "free and included" and "nickel and dimes" may end up costing them more than they feared those things would. 

• Like 1