Location of Sky Suites on Solstice

Hrhbob

I’m sure this has been covered before but darned if I can find it. We are in a Sky Suite on Solstice in December. With just a few exceptions, most SS are on deck 12, directly under the Ocean Cafe. Most experienced cruisers say never get a cabin directly under the buffet or the pool deck due to noises from above. It seems odd that the higher priced suites on the S Class ships would be located in an area most people avoid like the plague! Perhaps some of you who have stayed in these SS might share your experiences, pro and con, with the location of these suites. Thanks. 

Some are under carpeted areas of the Oceanview and noise isn’t a issue.  We stayed in a SS on the Reflection that was under the OV and we heard what sounded like far away thunder every afternoon for about 5 minutes, not a problem.

Check the S Class cabin sticky near the top of this board and check what others reported about the cabins you are considering.  

24 minutes ago, Hrhbob said:

Most experienced cruisers say never get a cabin directly under the buffet or the pool deck due to noises from above.

Urban legend.

S-Class deck 12 is great---straight out to the pool, 1 deck up to OVC.

• Like 2

Don’t know what qualifies one as an experienced cruiser.  I guess we aren’t because last 6 cruises on S Class ships we have been in SS on Deck 12.  You keep thinking that so our beloved Deck 12 SS will not be booked and waiting for us!  Happy Cruising!😄

I've been in the S2 under the buffet on the Equinox a couple of times.  I noticed a little noise but not a lot the first time with my sister.  On the other hand, the second time, with DH, he said it was too noisy, so now we book S1 unless we can get one of the two s2 on deck 11.