Strange charge on account

Susanb10567

I debarked the Edge on 9/10 after an amazing 7 night cruise through Greece and Italy. While waiting for my flight soon after we left the ship we got the email with the final bill. Under my husband’s name their was a charge for $274.50 under amenities posted on 9/10 that we had no idea what it was. The funny thing was I had checked my account on the Ap at breakfast and it was -.66 cents…

They then said it would take a couple of days for the info from the ship to get shoreside. After hour long holds on Wednesday and Thursday one associate said it was a charge for the theater tour we were invited to as elite …I can’t believe that to be true..I thought they were free and I would never pay that. I then told them we have disputed the charge since our payment was due. He basically hung up on me then or I hope to think we were disconnected..I called back and the next associate said that they can’t talk to me about it since I disputed the charge…

So strange…anyone else ever have mystery charges appear?

21 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

I debarked the Edge on 9/10 after an amazing 7 night cruise through Greece and Italy. While waiting for my flight soon after we left the ship we got the email with the final bill. Under my husband’s name their was a charge for $274.50 under amenities posted on 9/10 that we had no idea what it was. The funny thing was I had checked my account on the Ap at breakfast and it was -.66 cents…

They then said it would take a couple of days for the info from the ship to get shoreside. After hour long holds on Wednesday and Thursday one associate said it was a charge for the theater tour we were invited to as elite …I can’t believe that to be true..I thought they were free and I would never pay that. I then told them we have disputed the charge since our payment was due. He basically hung up on me then or I hope to think we were disconnected..I called back and the next associate said that they can’t talk to me about it since I disputed the charge…

So strange…anyone else ever have mystery charges appear?

I  would not worry about it since you already disputed the amount and have access to the funds immediately. Now it's between your bank and Celebrity. I've disputed many charges and always in my favor.  

Sounds like someone, possibly the CC hostess/host,  on the ship made a error and processed a charge for the Inside Access - Behind the Scenes tour.   That tour has a  fee on the E class ships of about $140pp.    Unlike the free tour for Elites.  Had you called back and got another rep or asked to speak to a supervisor that charge would have been removed.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not just on E class.  This is offered on our upcoming Silhouette TA as "Inside Access----Behind the Scenes tour"  It is $139.99 as you said, Jelaine, but hey, we're lucky to be offered 10% off....$124.99.  We've seen most of the tour for free in our various sailings. 

I would definitely get them to refund the charge since it was not evident there was a charge.