Live from the Sojourn - 21 Days in the Med

Fletcher

31 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

@Fletcherthank you for your wonderful prose and ability to paint a picture. I am so glad you enjoyed Melilla and agree St Raphael was a small gem as well. 

I agree with you about Fletcher's prose.  It's witty and perceptive.

And welcome back to CC!  many of us had been wondering about your cruise and safe return to Oz.

• Thanks 2

On 10/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, Fletcher said:

Villa Lante near Viterbo,

@Fletchercould you share the name of your driver to visit this Villa please? When we do our Sojourn cruise next September we have a port day in Civitavecchia and this sounds like an ideal way to spend it. After our cruise this year we stayed in Tivoli for two nights and visited Villa D'Este so it would be nice to visit and compare.

Julie

10 hours ago, marazul said:

And welcome back to CC!  many of us had been wondering about your cruise and safe return to Oz.

Hi marazul, was busy on my return to Australia with multiple annual health checks and also training to do a 35km charity walk a few weeks after my return. I must admit I wasn't sure I would make the 35kms but I did and it only took me 24 hours to recover. 😀

Cruise was good and we enjoyed the ports.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frantic36 said:

@Fletchercould you share the name of your driver to visit this Villa please? When we do our Sojourn cruise next September we have a port day in Civitavecchia and this sounds like an ideal way to spend it. After our cruise this year we stayed in Tivoli for two nights and visited Villa D'Este so it would be nice to visit and compare.

Julie

Babici Floriano

onepremiumcar@gmail.com

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Julie

I remember we actually booked this tour from a company Aim Limo Rome.  There was a very helpful guy there with perfect English called Andrea Schiarini.  We did everything by email.  Babici was our allotted driver who gave us his card.  We'd use him again next time we stay in Rome.  We fancy a trip down to the gardens at Ninfa. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Fletcher said:

If anyone's interested, Part One of my photos from this Sojourn trip are now up on my Flickr account, covering Barcelona to Corsica.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/up70mm/albums/72177720302843050

Here's the bottom line--Mr. SLSD and I want to sail with you and Mrs. Fletcher and benefit from your observations and your eye--not to mention your way with words.  Thank you for sharing these photos.  Please keep us apprised on your next cruises--on whichever line.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Fletcher said:

If anyone's interested, Part One of my photos from this Sojourn trip are now up on my Flickr account, covering Barcelona to Corsica.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/up70mm/albums/72177720302843050

Fabulous photos. So good that you actually made Gibraltar look half decent!

Cartagena is on my bucket list and your photos didn't disappoint. Thank you for sharing them.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2022 at 9:01 PM, SLSD said:

Here's the bottom line--Mr. SLSD and I want to sail with you and Mrs. Fletcher and benefit from your observations and your eye--not to mention your way with words.  Thank you for sharing these photos.  Please keep us apprised on your next cruises--on whichever line.  

Don't let him have the wine list.