Barcelona Embarkation with Liquor

Denmal

We are joining the Regal Princess on 11/6 for a 26 TA Cruise.  I want to buy a specific bottle of Gin in Barcelona, Gin Mare.  It is a Spanish Gin that I cannot readily get in North Carolina.  Will Princess Collect it and keep it for me until we disembark.  They have done that in the past at ports of call but I have never tried it a embarkation.  Has anyone tried it ?  I will carry it on and show them , just do not want them to tell me no and waste my money.  We do not stop in any other large spanish ports, so my only choice is barcelona

28 minutes ago, Denmal said:

We are joining the Regal Princess on 11/6 for a 26 TA Cruise.  I want to buy a specific bottle of Gin in Barcelona, Gin Mare.  It is a Spanish Gin that I cannot readily get in North Carolina.  Will Princess Collect it and keep it for me until we disembark.  They have done that in the past at ports of call but I have never tried it a embarkation.  Has anyone tried it ?  I will carry it on and show them , just do not want them to tell me no and waste my money.  We do not stop in any other large spanish ports, so my only choice is barcelona

Just one additional point:  I want to buy it in Barcelona not the cruise terminal as prices are better in the city and a better selection.  Princess Chat told me there would be someone there to collect it BUT I would like to know if anyone has done it or know for sure.

14 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

You can never tell beforehand if the "wine/liquor police" will be setup at embarkation.  Your worst case scenario is that they take the bottle from you and return it to you on the last night of the cruise.  🍷

actually, sorry, but no

that 'may' be the best scenario ... and what it seems like the OP wants

worst case - bye bye bottle

On 9/22/2022 at 3:18 PM, Denmal said:

Just one additional point:  I want to buy it in Barcelona not the cruise terminal as prices are better in the city and a better selection.  Princess Chat told me there would be someone there to collect it BUT I would like to know if anyone has done it or know for sure.

Barcelona is one of the few ports where the liquor store is past the security checkpoint so you could buy it there,if available and walk right on to the ship.