Rainforest showers and benches are gone

Robjame

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We would like to provide you with an important update on your cruise vacation that is scheduled to sail aboard Riviera. 

Recently, we communicated the details of the dramatically transformed bathrooms that will now feature an oversized walk-in show. In the description, we described a rainforest shower head and a built-in bench within the shower enclosure. 

We have received an update from the shipyard which indicate some necessary modifications. The ceiling-mounted rainforest shower heard will not be feasible and the showers will instead feature a multi-function wall mounted shower heard and hand-held shower wand. Likewise, we will be unable to accommodate the built-in bench in the shower. 

Thank you for taking note of this important change. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the better-than-new and dramatically re-inspired Riviera. 

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega
Vice President, Guest Services

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Recently, we communicated the details of the dramatically transformed bathrooms that will now feature an oversized walk-in show.

Is the glass wall still part of the design?  Looking forward to the show!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

As an OLD engineer (who just rec'd the above email for our 2023 cruises)... this sounds like possibly a 'discovered' structural problem. Not sure what receiving "an update from the shipyard" really means since the ship isn't there. Obviously something unexpected turned up in the process of making the showers (prefab?)(DW is really disappointed in the "unable to accommodate the built-in bench").  At this point in the process nothing this big should unexpectedly show up (since things were so far along that it was released to customers...big faux pas).  I'd guess someone (or company) was paid big bucks to design this.  I would assume that whoever was responsible for the design plan will be happy in their new job, whoever it's with. (I was actually happy with the old bathroom although I could never figure out the dual shower/tub thing). Looking forward to our two 2023 Riviera cruises whatever the bathroom ends up looking like.

• Like 1

Thank you, Robjame for posting this as was looking forward to these upgrades. Would have been disappointing to board the ship to find out otherwise. Obviously, I am using the wrong travel agent who has not notified me of these developments. Hopefully, these will be the only things they cancel. Probably not.

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Seriously, the rain shower issue may be a lack of clearance above the shower enclosure.  Why they can't add the bench, that I don't have a clue.

I think it is a cost issue much cheaper to install wall mounted shower and leave out bench .Quite a saving !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Thank you, Robjame for posting this as was looking forward to these upgrades. Would have been disappointing to board the ship to find out otherwise. Obviously, I am using the wrong travel agent who has not notified me of these developments. Hopefully, these will be the only things they cancel. Probably not.

Rob posted it about an hour after I got it direct from O (even though I am with a TA), you may want to check O has your email address. 

2 hours ago, ToxM said:

Rob posted it about an hour after I got it direct from O (even though I am with a TA), you may want to check O has your email address. 

Did you get from TA or were you cc?

In talking to our TA about the blue book she said some TA have everything sent to them - mail and email - but they have mail sent to client and email cc. I think this is the desirable method.

39 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Did you get from TA or were you cc?

In talking to our TA about the blue book she said some TA have everything sent to them - mail and email - but they have mail sent to client and email cc. I think this is the desirable method.

I got the email direct from O. 

I have recently questioned the whereabouts of the Blue Book, as the last two cruises we haven’t received one. 

So they sent out a new one, with the heard fixed, but the show will remain. 

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We would like to provide you with an important update on your cruise vacation that is scheduled to sail aboard Riviera. 

Recently, we communicated the details of the dramatically transformed bathrooms that will now feature an oversized walk-in show. In the description, we described a rainforest shower head and a built-in bench within the shower enclosure. 

We have received an update from the shipyard which indicate some necessary modifications. The ceiling-mounted rainforest shower head will not be feasible, and the showers will instead feature a multi-function wall mounted shower head and hand-held shower wand. Likewise, we will be unable to accommodate the built-in bench in the shower. 

Thank you for taking note of this important change. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the better-than-new and dramatically re-inspired Riviera.

• Haha 2

I would like to know what  an "oversized walk-in show" is.  Here are my guesses:

1.  There will be an oversized (meaning very high production) show that features someone "walking in" to your shower on que.  Sounds possibly exciting...or frightening.

2.  Someone oversized will be "walking in."

3.  Someone will be walking with an oversized walk (big steps).

I have no idea but the mystery and suspense is really killing me.

• Haha 3

Not to take the wind out of your (very imaginative) sails, but DW reminded me that on our Scenic river cruise this spring we had a fancy shower with several heads and a light show!  The control dial could switch the water to the upper or lower head, from straight flow to pulsing, and your choice of light color or pulsating light show.  I was disappointed that I couldn't find the button for the music to accompany the light show.  Maybe that's what Oceania has planned, but they are too discrete to spell it out [or too spelling-challenged] 🤣

• Haha 2