Shore Excursions Credit

cb2367

I have a shore excursion credit for my booking on Prima. I'm not sure of what it's supposed to be, but I'm looking at an excursion that's in Belize which costs $79. I added the excursion to the cart and I'm paying $71. Is the credit seriously only $8? According to what I've researched, the credit should be $50.

1 hour ago, cb2367 said:

I have a shore excursion credit for my booking on Prima. I'm not sure of what it's supposed to be, but I'm looking at an excursion that's in Belize which costs $79. I added the excursion to the cart and I'm paying $71. Is the credit seriously only $8? According to what I've researched, the credit should be $50.

BEFORE YOU ADD ANYTHING TO YOUR CART...

When you select a shore excursion are are taken to a screen with the details and price.

There will be a price for an adult and price for child on the right side of the screen. Under the prices you will see the Date and Time. Under the Date and Time is the price for Passenger 1 and other passengers. The system should show you the price for Passenger 1 with a note "Shore Excursion Credit Applied".

The $50 can not be used for rentals (e.g., Kayak Rental, Clamshell, cabanas). 

There is a $50 discount for all shore excursions booked by Passenger 1

@cb2367 On NCL.COM, in your account click on "View Vacation Summary", then click on the day of the week you booked your excursion.  You should see your excursion listed.  Then click on the Excursion title itself to bring up a description of the excursion.  It should say in the right that "SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT WILL BE APPLIED" and "Shore Excursion Credit Applied" like I show here:

image.png.b29e230031c2098565cdc20426cbb8a5.png

Then when I look on my e-mailed invoice I see:

image.png.29597784968456c45ec9733b2b3e50bf.png

But for my wife's excursion I see:

image.png.78ceaef91e97a02b1cfaae6e350ccee5.png

I got the discount, she did not. 

If by chance only one of the passengers in the room are going on the excursion, then only "passenger 1" will get the discount.  If passenger 2 is the one going on the excursion, they will not get the discount.

Edited by PATRLR
  • Like 1

Maybe I was doing this wrong. I opened the NCL app, selected my sailing reservation, went to shore excursions and selected the excursion I wanted. After selecting the time slot, I added it to the cart.

It's in the cart where it discounts the excursion from $79 to $71.10. I have not gone to the payment section since the correct price isn't showing (79-50 = 29)

8 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Do you refer to this excursion?

($129 - $50 credit) less 10% silver/gold/platinum member discount = $71.1

image.png.44c31fe5ee76b3799a74483efe19af66.png

That is the excursion but it definitely doesn't show in my NCL app as costing $129. It says $79 (shore excursion credit will be applied) so I'm expecting it to only be $29 which would be the difference.

15 hours ago, casofilia said:

Are you sure that the cost is $79 or is that the cost to you AFTER the $50 has been removed?  if so, the $8 is the further deduction for your Latitudes status.

What is the discount for Latitude status, and at what point does it start? We have the $50 for first person credit on our future booking on the Prima. As for Latitude, we each are on our 3rd NCL cruise.

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

What is the discount for Latitude status, and at what point does it start? We have the $50 for first person credit on our future booking on the Prima. As for Latitude, we each are on our 3rd NCL cruise.

You are silver Latitudes and get 10% off the excursion which is what I got in the screen shot I show in post #5.

@cb2367

It says $79 (shore excursion credit will be applied) so I'm expecting it to only be $29 which would be the difference.

That is the actual cost to you  (NOT $29).   The stated price is $129 and the price to you is that with the $50 removed.   The 10% is then removed from the actual cost to you.

10 minutes ago, casofilia said:

They start at 10% for Silver so I don't doubt  you qualify for it as you should have 20+ points; which is possible AFTER three cruises.

Actually, this will be our 3rd. Our past cruises were one round trip NYC to Bermuda and a Western Mediterranean from Barcelona. The booked one for next year is from London (Southampton) to Reykjavik, Iceland. I think we are the second category, whatever that is.

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Actually, this will be our 3rd. Our past cruises were one round trip NYC to Bermuda and a Western Mediterranean from Barcelona. The booked one for next year is from London (Southampton) to Reykjavik, Iceland. I think we are the second category, whatever that is.

Ahh - then you are likely Bronze.  Here is the schedule: https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

4 hours ago, cb2367 said:

@casofilia Now I understand when looking in the app, that all excursions are already showing the discount price and then adding something to the cart applied the latitude discount.

Correct.  If you want to see the original price, go to the website, make sure you're not logged in and then look up the excursion.  You'll see the original price without the $50 discount 

Are you traveling solo? When I booked my excursions for the Breakaway tomorrow, I was having the same issue. The rep. explained that when you are traveling solo you see the excursions with the $50 off already but if there’s more than one person in the cabin you see the original price, then the $50 off is applied and then the latitudes tier discount. That was what happened to me for my August cruise since I was traveling with my cousin on that cruise. and I could see the regular prices.