I can’t check in

Turqoisblu

I'm curious if there's a benefit to checking in early (when the cruise planner opens up for check-in) vs the week-of the cruise? I noticed the other day that my check in opens in 12 days. Is there any reason I should wait to do it closer to the cruise? I haven't cruised since 2018 and can't remember if we were always able to check in this early or not. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

3 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I'm curious if there's a benefit to checking in early (when the cruise planner opens up for check-in) vs the week-of the cruise? I noticed the other day that my check in opens in 12 days. Is there any reason I should wait to do it closer to the cruise? I haven't cruised since 2018 and can't remember if we were always able to check in this early or not. 

One reason to check-in early is if you want to grab the earliest arrival time. You can do that via the app and then do the rest later. If not important to you, no reason to rush that I can think of. Can't think of any benefit to waiting either though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

One reason to check-in early is if you want to grab the earliest arrival time. You can do that via the app and then do the rest later. If not important to you, no reason to rush that I can think of. Can't think of any benefit to waiting either though.

Early boarding time is a good reason, thanks! I want to make sure I can book my dining and shows. 

I was thinking that the benefit of waiting might be that if a passenger swap is needed or something like that, it might be hard to do after you've already checked in. I don't anticipate needing to do that though. 

2 minutes ago, ChC said:

I do hope RCL comes out quickly to solve the issue whatever it is, if this issue last few hours longer, RCL should do the right thing and tell the public if they are suffering hacker attack.

Their IT is so prone to glitches and outages, I'm not concerned. It will be back up... eventually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

If possible see if you can check in on their app. App seems to be working fine. 

Check-in section of the app doesn't load for me (not that I need to check-in). I get an error message.

4 minutes ago, hancock said:

Try turning off your phone, then turn in back on.  Had the issue a few months back.  It reset the app.

This won't help. The issue isn't with your phone or PC, it's on the server side.

The account pages on both royalcaribbean.com and celebritycruises.com are down.

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

It's a crap shoot.  If you don't check-in when it is available, the website may not be working when you want to/need to. 

I'm sure glad that the actual ship experience is a lot better than the Landside experience.  IT management needs to be fired, and the whole IT system needs to be reworked/replaced.  

As much as I dislike Carnival and will never cruise them again, I don't remember having this many IT problems with them.  

• Like 1