EZair...My flights were cancelled!

suzyed

13 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Same booking number so it may be difficult to discern when it was cancelled.  Actually it had to be fairly recently since I was checking it rather frequently.   We're now like 21 days out from flying and I believe it was in the last 3 weeks that it may have been cancelled. It wasn't until two days ago when I checked it again and got the "error" message say that there was a "flight change that is not in their system and to check back later", on the Princess site that I went once again to the United site to check on what the change was that I found it was cancelled.
Honestly, I am afraid to throw a monkey wrench into the works.   

It's all good now and I am very relieved!

Yes, thank goodness. Fyi: It would be in the history of the original booking. But, we have to guess their ticketing deadline must be about 30-24 days out. 
Take care and stay safe there.

2 hours ago, rogueriver said:

I have booked an EZ Air flight for March of 2023; this is my first time using it.  I'm rather confused as to how the process works.

Since I have a United confirmation number and I'm able to go into United and view my reservation, does this mean it has been ticketed?  I have not yet made my final payment. After reading some of the horror stories, I'm getting a little concerned, especially since this is a flight from SFO to Sydney and it only happens once a day, I believe.

Yes you should download the UA App to your phone and check that flight periodically on the App. Make sure you pick your seats on the UA App too.
It’s a good idea to make sure UA has your email and cell phone number for any schedule changes. And opt in to notifications on the UA App/website too.

No, it is not ticketed. Once it’s ticketed on UA, you will see ticket numbers on their website. You will also see your ticket information on the Princess website

under cruise personalizer-travel summary.

After final payment, you have up to 45 days before travel to change EZAIR flight if it’s cheaper, that’s great. They used to ticket after the 45 days, but it seems they have been ticketing a lot later now and on some of these posts they missed the ticketing deadline.

I’ve not had a problem, but I’m going to watch mine very closely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rogueriver said:

I have booked an EZ Air flight for March of 2023; this is my first time using it.  I'm rather confused as to how the process works.

Since I have a United confirmation number and I'm able to go into United and view my reservation, does this mean it has been ticketed?  I have not yet made my final payment. After reading some of the horror stories, I'm getting a little concerned, especially since this is a flight from SFO to Sydney and it only happens once a day, I believe.

You can tell you're ticketed by looking at the Travel Summary available in the cruise personalizer. In the flights section it will list all your flights booked with EZ Air. There's a spot that lists the ticket numbers for each passenger. It will be blank before ticketing but once ticketed, it will have numbers.

21 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

So I just checked our EZAir for a return from Buenos Aires on Feb 5. It's gone from the Princess website but still shows on AA.com. The Princess travel page also claims that it's too soon to book EZAir as the return has to be within 330 days (that's right) but Feb 5 is only about 130 or so days away!

The dunderheads in Princess IT have struck again!

Should I be worried?

They may be making updates on that cruise and it reads too soon to book EZAIR.  They did that on one cruise of ours until they finished working out the airline rates. Then, they opened it again.

Did you look at your travel summary on the cruise personalizer?  That should reflect what you’re booked on with EZAIR.

If you’re not showing anything, you may want to call EZAIR desk and ask what’s going on.  If it shows on the travel summary, then I’d give them a little time to open the EZAIR back up on the cruise.

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They may be making updates on that cruise and it reads too soon to book EZAIR.  They did that on one cruise of ours until they finished working out the airline rates. Then, they opened it again.

Did you look at your travel summary on the cruise personalizer?  That should reflect what you’re booked on with EZAIR.

If you’re not showing anything, you may want to call EZAIR desk and ask what’s going on.  If it shows on the travel summary, then I’d give them a little time to open the EZAIR back up on the cruise.

That's exactly what's going on. I called today. The port for Santiago changed from San Antonio to Valparaiso and for some reason that messes up their database. They assured me after a few days all will be well.

Travel summary also shows no flights. I usually keep a series of date-coded travel summaries so I can see changes and go after Princess with evidence of errors. Anyway this time I didn't and so other than the airline booking (and a travel agent invoice) I have zero evidence from Princess that flights were booked. 😣

9 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

That's exactly what's going on. I called today. The port for Santiago changed from San Antonio to Valparaiso and for some reason that messes up their database. They assured me after a few days all will be well.

Travel summary also shows no flights. I usually keep a series of date-coded travel summaries so I can see changes and go after Princess with evidence of errors. Anyway this time I didn't and so other than the airline booking (and a travel agent invoice) I have zero evidence from Princess that flights were booked. 😣

Okay, makes sense. Probably recheck next week. 
As long as the sirline is showing your flights… you are booked. So, that’s good.

Once they update the cruise port then, it should show up again on the travel summary.

Valparaiso is nicer anyway.  They were striking and slow with the cruise lines a few years ago in Valparaiso and the cruise lines said, hey we have to have dependable service or we’ll go to San Antonio and they did. So, now probably staff shortages and back to Valparaiso.

Make sure to use reliable transportation from Santiago to Val.  A lot of scammers there.

On 9/28/2022 at 5:56 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Yes you should download the UA App to your phone and check that flight periodically on the App. Make sure you pick your seats on the UA App too.
It’s a good idea to make sure UA has your email and cell phone number for any schedule changes. And opt in to notifications on the UA App/website too.

No, it is not ticketed. Once it’s ticketed on UA, you will see ticket numbers on their website. You will also see your ticket information on the Princess website

under cruise personalizer-travel summary.

After final payment, you have up to 45 days before travel to change EZAIR flight if it’s cheaper, that’s great. They used to ticket after the 45 days, but it seems they have been ticketing a lot later now and on some of these posts they missed the ticketing deadline.

I’ve not had a problem, but I’m going to watch mine very closely.

Thanks to you and the others for the detailed explanation.  I do have the United App on my phone and they have my contact information.  I'll be sure to check my flight often, especially as I get closer to sail date.  Thanks all!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We also had an issue with EZ Air. The flight was changed 5 times, many hours on hold and trying to fix the flight back to something reasonable did not happen. 

The return home flight was changes to a small airport in CA, an hour away from the port. My TA called Princess and was told there was a Princess shuttle, not true. the Uber ride to get home was $190!!

Not sure who to direct my complaint to  😞

1 hour ago, music said:

We also had an issue with EZ Air. The flight was changed 5 times, many hours on hold and trying to fix the flight back to something reasonable did not happen. 

The return home flight was changes to a small airport in CA, an hour away from the port. My TA called Princess and was told there was a Princess shuttle, not true. the Uber ride to get home was $190!!

Ugh! I have flights for the Dec 18th CB Panama Canal cruise.  My flights were changed leaving 35 minutes for my layover in Charlotte. Not going to work. My TA had to fight hours for my flight change. 🙄 I’m just praying they don’t change them again. I hope you at least get a refund! 

7 hours ago, music said:

This would fall under flight interruption. Did you buy insurance?  You could make a claim.

You could send an email, explain the situation with your names, sail date, ship and booking number to request a reimbursement.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

• Like 1

We have booked EZair 3 times.

1.  monitor your flights on the airline website daily, weekly, etc and make sure that your email is attached to your reservation, so that you will receive emails if your flights are changed.  The flights are changed by the airline computer, not EZair.

2.  If you get a notice, and it is not acceptable - call the airline directly and get them to change it.

When I booked our flights to NYC I picked our flights to go through Dallas - did not want to go through Chicago.  Later down the road I received an email that our flights were changed and I did not like the change.  I went on American Airline website, found other flights I liked better, called American and we were switched - no problem.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

I went on American Airline website, found other flights I liked better, called American and we were switched - no problem.

That is good to know. When I tried to change them on the AA App, I got a notice that I had to go through the TA (EXAir). Good to know that I can call to change if needed. 

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

That is good to know. When I tried to change them on the AA App, I got a notice that I had to go through the TA (EXAir). Good to know that I can call to change if needed. 

With many airlines you should be able to do that as long as it is ticketed / paid by Princess.  Which they don't seem to be doing until around the 30 day point.

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

With many airlines you should be able to do that as long as it is ticketed / paid by Princess.  Which they don't seem to be doing until around the 30 day point.

Mine have been paid for and ticketed. 👍

• Like 1

Sorry for all the problems with flight changes.  At least they have slowed from over 15000 changes a day to the 4000 area.  We booked through Princess arriving the day of our cruise - something we have never done before but multiple flights from Arizona to LAX and my cruise could delay departure a few hours as it begins with 2 sea days.  Thus worth the risk.

We interestingly were immediately ticketed on Delta last May.  Have now gotten 5 changes that include slight time adjustments, a new flight, and route change (Arizona to LAX via Las Vegas that took time as I had to call Princess who then had to call Delta)

Princess is basically a consolidator.  They are ticketing later as so many changes, but they do not control cancellations etc.  While I did find Princess easy to contact; it would have been simpler to have booked directly with Delta as everything could have been done on line.

PS when the price of my flight was reduced (really!) I had to call Princess to get the reduction.  4 calls in total.  And yes, Princess and other consolidators often have great prices for international travel that are worth a bit of hassle if things go sideways.