EZair...My flights were cancelled!

suzyed

I booked through EZair and got a great price on our flight...paid for our cruise, Princess insurance and my flights with FCCs.  When I go online I get a weird message about a flight change that is not in their system.  So I go directly to the airline and they don't have our flights....they were cancelled!!
Now what?

Princess will be aware of the cancellations and rebook you. This happened to us this year.

We found out when our additional hold luggage fee was repaid back onto my credit card. Called British Airways who then told me why because the return flight had been cancelled. Rang Princess and they said they knew and to give them a day or two to sort it. Which they did with a better time flight at no additional cost. 

we sail the Regal in 2 weeks, and are a family group of 8.

Our daughter's family EZAir bookings totally disappeared about 2 weeks ago. We found out that Air Canada had cancelled all of their flights, to and from europe, because of non payment by Princess. We were able to rebook their requested cabin class going over, but had to down grade their cabin coming back. It took days and days of our TA trying to sort it out. Those flights were all booked over 8 months ago.

It was a real mess, and they still have yet to post the promised OBC to the account.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

we sail the Regal in 2 weeks, and are a family group of 8.

Our daughter's family EZAir bookings totally disappeared about 2 weeks ago. We found out that Air Canada had cancelled all of their flights, to and from europe, because of non payment by Princess. We were able to rebook their requested cabin class going over, but had to down grade their cabin coming back. It too!
k days and days of our TA trying to sort it out. Those flights were all booked over 8 months ago.

It was a real mess, and they still have yet to post the promised OBC to the account.

This is our situation....Princess had no idea that they were cancelled.  They didn't pay...that's why! We leave in 22 days...or we're supposed to anyway.

On hold now waiting for them to get my flights back!!  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, suzyed said:

This is our situation....Princess had no idea that they were cancelled.  They didn't pay...that's why! We leave in 22 days...or we're supposed to anyway.

Have read here many situations like this (Princess not paying airlines for flights).

WTH???

Princess EZ Air department is causing trouble for cruisers.

Princess has no idea what their doing.

Late Princess payments to airlines (after 45 days) seems to be one of many problems.

After reading this thread, I checked our EZ Air on the Princess website.

Also, I checked Delta website a few minutes later.

Our seats on EZ Air do not agree with Delta website.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The flight confirmation numbers still remain the same.

Princess EZ Air:

Delta DTW TO FLL (departure) – seats 32c & 32d

Delta FLL to DTW (return) – seats 34e & 32f

This is wrong.  Why did Princess change our seats?

Delta Air website:

Delta DTW to FLL – seats 32c & 32d

Delta FLL to DTW – seats 34d & 34e

This is what we booked 4 months ago.

Who do we believe:   Delta Air or Princess?

Our TA is doing a follow-up to clarify.

Bottom line -- If you have EZ Air please check your flight arrangements.

John   

Edited by John99

We just returned from a B2B cruise out of NYC.  We are in southern California.  I booked the cruise 11 months out and then booked the flights through EZair as soon as we were allowed.  We had American change our flights - no notice from EZair - but I got that fixed.  I monitored the flights on American every week to make sure that nothing was changed.

We had perfect flights, no delays, no cancellations and everything worked out.

But ....

In the future all of our cruises will be on the West Coast.  It was very stressful checking the flights, worried about problems and it was a long day getting off the ship, getting to the airport, flying home.

When I had the problem with American changing the flights, EZair fixed it no problem.  But I told the EZair rep that if anything happened to my flights, seats, etc.  I would cancel everything - I had the insurance.  

Hold EZair responsible and get them to correct any problems, if you are not satisfied, contact Princess and tell them that you will cancel.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John99 said:

Princess EZ Air department is causing trouble for cruisers.

Princess has no idea what their doing.

Late Princess payments to airlines (after 45 days) seems to be one of many problems.

After reading this thread, I checked our EZ Air on the Princess website.

Also, I checked Delta website a few minutes later.

Our seats on EZ Air do not agree with Delta website.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The flight confirmation numbers still remain the same.

Princess EZ Air:

Delta DTW TO FLL (departure) – seats 32c & 32d

Delta FLL to DTW (return) – seats 34e & 32f

This is wrong.  Why did Princess change our seats?

Delta Air website:

Delta DTW to FLL – seats 32c & 32d

Delta FLL to DTW – seats 34d & 34e

This is what we booked 4 months ago.

Who do we believe:   Delta Air or Princess?

Our TA is doing a follow-up to clarify.

Bottom line -- If you have EZ Air please check your flight arrangements.

John   

The most current will be with the airline as far as schedule and seats.  EZAIR has not updated their computer. 

The schedule change  can change you seating if the aircraft type changed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

I booked through EZair and got a great price on our flight...paid for our cruise, Princess insurance and my flights with FCCs.  When I go online I get a weird message about a flight change that is not in their system.  So I go directly to the airline and they don't have our flights....they were cancelled!!
Now what?

So sorry you have to deal with this.

Are you ticketed?  Or, they missed the ticketing deadline?

let us know how it turns out.

So sorry Susan, what a mess.  I used to be an EZAir user and it was great for me, never an issue.  But due to these stories I have used miles for my last cruise and my upcoming Canada NE cruise.  I hope they make it right.  And take care with Ian coming.

55 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Wow!  Princess doesn’t pay for your flights and leaves people hanging? From now on we’ll book directly with the airline, pay when we book and select our seats.  EZAir is not quite as easy as advertised.

There is a way to take advantage of the great pricing and re-faring features of EZ-Air.  Just use the Request Early Ticketing button on the EZ-Air page in Cruise Personalizer. 

46 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Have read here many situations like this (Princess not paying airlines for flights).

WTH???

Yes, and it was precisely for that reason, that I proactively did Early Ticketing request in Cruise Personalizer.  Worked very well as was ticketed within 24 hrs of request for both outbound and return portions.

This was around 60 days or less - but certainly before 45 day mark as I was not taking any chances.

I also knew from observations that no way was airfare going to fall back down to the lowest price point that I had re-fared at.  

I do recommend using EZ-Air, but manage your own ticketing to be sure nothing goes awry.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Now what?

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

IMO, there is no excuse for PCL to be dragging their feet making payments to EZ-Air and the airlines (IDK whether they direct-pay the airline or transfer funds to EZ-Air which is really an airfare consolidator that services more than PCL (they do HAL at least as well I understand). 

At least you were checking things periodically.  Some guests "book-it-and-forget-it" and find out too late to get a good result.  When an airline cancels a booking, you may not be able to get back what you had as seats may be resold. 

I feel like PCL decided to slide making payment to airlines and didn't renegotiate terms with all of them.  Or didn't get things straight with EZ-Air.  Who knows? 

Of course, some issues have occurred due to airline cancellations and not PCL or EZ-Air fault.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

IMO, there is no excuse for PCL to be dragging their feet making payments to EZ-Air and the airlines (IDK whether they direct-pay the airline or transfer funds to EZ-Air which is really an airfare consolidator that services more than PCL (they do HAL at least as well I understand). 

At least you were checking things periodically.  Some guests "book-it-and-forget-it" and find out too late to get a good result.  When an airline cancels a booking, you may not be able to get back what you had as seats may be resold. 

I feel like PCL decided to slide making payment to airlines and didn't renegotiate terms with all of them.  Or didn't get things straight with EZ-Air.  Who knows? 

Of course, some issues have occurred due to airline cancellations and not PCL or EZ-Air fault.

Bottom line, PCL did not pay the airline even though I paid them in July!

spent an hour on the phone this morning and wasted my time with an agent who didn’t know anything. Finally talked to Nancy in the travel/flight department and she as able to reinstate my flights complete with the seats we chose!

Now it’s going to be an EVERY day checking!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, suzyed said:

spent an hour on the phone this morning and wasted my time with an agent who didn’t know anything. Finally talked to Nancy in the travel/flight department and she as able to reinstate my flights complete with the seats we chose!

EXCELLENT result!!  Yes, you certainly needed to get someone in EZ-Air to resolve.  A Princess rep can do diddly squat in such a situation.  Glad it was all still there for you.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Glad that you got it worked out successfully. 
This is precisely why I review the airline website and EZ each and every day. 

Just this week discovered that American airlines moved us to a different flight for an upcoming trip in November. They put us on a flight to Rome through Philadelphia that only allowed a one hour connection time. We’ve been burned very badly before connecting through Philadelphia with a too short connection time, albeit a legal connection time.

I contacted American as soon as I saw the change on their website and they were able to move us back to the original flight with our original seats.

Waiting for American for EZair to contact us could potentially have been a disaster.

Caveat Emptor

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Thank goodness you got it fixed Susan.

I check our bookings every day just about. Even those in 2023. Ridiculous.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

EXCELLENT result!!  Yes, you certainly needed to get someone in EZ-Air to resolve.  A Princess rep can do diddly squat in such a situation.  Glad it was all still there for you.

Right, the first agent told me the flights I booked were not available.  SMH  
I wonder how many other times this has happened?  Totally Princess' fault for not paying for the ticket.
I check often but now it will be every day!  Glad I noticed it in time.

Edited by suzyed

3 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Glad that you got it worked out successfully. 
This is precisely why I review the airline website and EZ each and every day. 

Just this week discovered that American airlines moved us to a different flight for an upcoming trip in November. They put us on a flight to Rome through Philadelphia that only allowed a one hour connection time. We’ve been burned very badly before connecting through Philadelphia with a too short connection time, albeit a legal connection time.

I contacted American as soon as I saw the change on their website and they were able to move us back to the original flight with our original seats.

Waiting for American for EZair to contact us could potentially have been a disaster.

Caveat Emptor

Exactly!  Imagine my shock when I checked the United website and it says "no upcoming flights"! 

Edited by suzyed

Just now, malba2366 said:

Seems like the best thing to do may be to go and request "early ticketing" a few days before the 45 day window closes....this way your tickets will be put in their queue to pay.

THEY should have paid for them after I paid them!  I tried getting e-tickets earlier and they were not available yet.  Our flights were there a week ago and then poof! they disappeared!

2 minutes ago, malba2366 said:

Seems like the best thing to do may be to go and request "early ticketing" a few days before the 45 day window closes....this way your tickets will be put in their queue to pay.

I’m waiting to see if ours auto-purchase on Thursday. That will be our 45 day mark. 

If not, then I'll follow your advice 

28 minutes ago, suzyed said:

THEY should have paid for them after I paid them!  I tried getting e-tickets earlier and they were not available yet.  Our flights were there a week ago and then poof! they disappeared!

Yeah they should have....but all kinds of businesses wait until the last minute to pay suppliers to preserve cash on hand and make their books look better.

7 minutes ago, malba2366 said:

Yeah they should have....but all kinds of businesses wait until the last minute to pay suppliers to preserve cash on hand and make their books look better.

Yes, but not to the point that flights are cancelled