Current shows on Allure?

zanydoc

Hello! What are the current shows available on Allure and do I need reservations? Hopefully headed out Oct.1 for my Mom’s 90th Birthday cruise if my flights don’t keep getting cancelled due to Ian...trying to stay positive by continuing to look forward and plan! 😊

On 9/27/2022 at 6:11 PM, zanydoc said:

Hello! What are the current shows available on Allure and do I need reservations? Hopefully headed out Oct.1 for my Mom’s 90th Birthday cruise if my flights don’t keep getting cancelled due to Ian...trying to stay positive by continuing to look forward and plan! 😊

Here is a compass from April. The main shows in the Theater and Aqua Theater will be the same. 

ALLURE Compass.pdf

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

You can do that?!

You can set your app to any ship/sailing about 90 days into the future, including the current one - there's a link toward the bottom of the main app page. The info in the app gets more accurate/updated closer to the sailing and should be pretty good for the current sailing.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Usually Mamma Mia, the ice shows and the aqua shows do not show up on the even if you switch to the current sailing. These only show up after you board. This has been my experience with Symphony 2x and Allure in the past couple year.

Mamma Mia is spectacular!  The star singers are from Broadway and London.  The writer of the original Broadway production adapted it for RCCL, it's only on the Allure, and they can not deviate from the adaptation.  Full length show:  90 minutes.

I've been in audiences where they gave standing ovations, but I've never seen an entire audience stand through 3 encore numbers.

Book it through the app as soon as you get on the ship.  They only had 2 shows for our 8 night cruise last week.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pcur said:

Mamma Mia is spectacular!  The star singers are from Broadway and London.  The writer of the original Broadway production adapted it for RCCL, it's only on the Allure, and they can not deviate from the adaptation.  Full length show:  90 minutes.

So glad you enjoyed the show! 🙂 I know that in the past it's been two and a half hours (including the intermission)--is this a recent adaptation? Cutting out a full hour would be a shame IMHO.

12 hours ago, pcur said:

I've been in audiences where they gave standing ovations, but I've never seen an entire audience stand through 3 encore numbers.

Book it through the app as soon as you get on the ship.  They only had 2 shows for our 8 night cruise last week.

We saw it 4 years ago on Allure and will definitely go again when we sail on 10/15.  It's high energy fun.

4 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

So glad you enjoyed the show! 🙂 I know that in the past it's been two and a half hours (including the intermission)--is this a recent adaptation? Cutting out a full hour would be a shame IMHO.

I may be wrong.  It might have been 2+ hours.  It was so great I wasn't paying any attention to time, really.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pcur said:

Great you got to see.  I was on in June and no show and the reason was a big darn secret. Nothing from the CD and the rumors were all over the place.  I was disappointed in CD for lack of explanation. oh well.  Did not see Hairspray on Symphony due to continued rehearsals.   So having done thee Oasis class ships and NO broadway show, looks like I will have to be happy with CATS in 2 weeks on Oasis.

Sure hope Wonder puts a broadway show on in the future and I know it takes 6 months minimum to plan.