Quick ?'s.... restarting cruise travel

cate54

26 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Medication should not be stored in in-room fridge which does not get cool enough.  You should store it in the medical center .

Out of interest...(actually, just being inquisitive!!) how would this be managed?  Medical Centre has restricted hours.  Is the inroom fridge cold enough for short term storage? 

Would I want to be visiting the medical centre regularly to collect medication?  After all, the medical centre tends, by its very nature, to be a focus of people who have ailments?

Just being inquisitive! 🤔

50 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Out of interest...(actually, just being inquisitive!!) how would this be managed?  Medical Centre has restricted hours.  Is the inroom fridge cold enough for short term storage? 

Would I want to be visiting the medical centre regularly to collect medication?  After all, the medical centre tends, by its very nature, to be a focus of people who have ailments?

I am not 100% sure but there is mention of not using the in room fridge in the FAQs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

my daughter needs the med every Sunday. I assume it is open everyday for a few hours. I have a pretty flexible window for getting it. Still need to know hours. will try and find them. We have three cruises this coming year so it is important to know

Cathy

After much discussion of minibar temps a few years ago, I brought my infrared thermometer on my HAL cruise.  Temps of sodas stored in the door were 43 degrees and those in the back were 38 degrees.  (Temps of morning Room Service breakfast eggs in my aft-facing stateroom were 120 degrees.)

FWIW I bring a collapsible cooler that stores a lot more ice than the small ice bucket in a stateroom and the Room Stewards are happy to fill it.  In my experience, a Ziploc bag and packed in ice is an excellent way to store meds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cate54 said:

my daughter needs the med every Sunday. I assume it is open everyday for a few hours. I have a pretty flexible window for getting it. Still need to know hours. will try and find them. We have three cruises this coming year so it is important to know

Cathy

I suggest that you call Ship Services and confirm the availability times.  I wouldn't leave such vital information to an on-line source.

• Like 2