Bermuda making change to vaccine and testing

BND

15 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Is the dress code thread shut-down? I was trying to read comments and it was posted that I did not have access. Your thoughts?

I love the dress code threads, where the passive aggressives come out.  "How someone dresses doesn't bother me personally but I feel for those people whose fine dining experience is ruined."

They've removed posts several times, last I saw was around 2:40 yesterday, I got the "no access" screen and later it was back with fewer posts.  They should eoither lock it down or let it go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, billslowsky said:

I love the dress code threads, where the passive aggressives come out.  "How someone dresses doesn't bother me personally but I feel for those people whose fine dining experience is ruined."

They've removed posts several times, last I saw was around 2:40 yesterday, I got the "no access" screen and later it was back with fewer posts.  They should eoither lock it down or let it go.

Thank you. I am a newbie and I was wondering if I personally did something to justify a lock-down.

7 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

They should eoither lock it down or let it go.

I'm taking a risk saying this, so be it.  But, sometimes I think it isn't as much about what you say as much as it is about who you say it to.  JMHO

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I'm taking a risk saying this, so be it.  But, sometimes I think it isn't as much about what you say as much as it is about who you say it to.  JMHO

I cruised for almost thirty years without posting on Cruise Critic. This is not somewhere I need to be be in order to validate my existence. After less than thirty days, I will not give them any more business or my comments.

Thank you all.

1 minute ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I cruised for almost thirty years without posting on Cruise Critic. This is not somewhere I need to be be in order to validate my existence. After less than thirty days, I will not give them any more business or my comments.

Thank you all.

Sad to see you go.  It's been fun, for sure! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

After less than thirty days, I will not give them any more business or my comments.

About half the registered posters on CC have never even made a comment - it takes a bit of motivation and thick skin to participate sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also, someone on FB today said they were going to Nassau and Coco Cay only and wanted to know if Royal had updated their policy since Bermuda is changing their requirements as of 25 Oct.  And, they couldn't find their cruise listed on the TA site.  It was pointed out to the person that Nassau and Coco Cay are in Bahamas,  not Bermuda.  Post was quietly removed lolol.

Edited by BND

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

About half the registered posters on CC have never even made a comment - it takes a bit of motivation and thick skin to participate sometimes.

Understood. In my youth, my skin might have been paper 😊thin .  As of now, a machete could hit it and bounce off. Life has a way of letting you know what is really important and what is "silt" (an appropriate reference to one of my earlier post). 

Regards and good health!

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

So back to temperatures in Bermuda:

https://www.seatemperatu.re/caribbean/bermuda/when.html

According to the resource above it looks like Jan-April are the coldest swimming months. 

We're heading to Bermuda late November so we're going to find out for ourselves. 🙂

If you give yourself time to adjust you can probably swim in November.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

Also, someone on FB today said they were going to Nassau and Coco Cay only and wanted to know if Royal had updated their policy since Bermuda is changing their requirements as of 25 Oct.  And, they couldn't find their cruise listed on the TA site.  It was pointed out to the person that Nassau and Coco Cay are in Bahamas,  not Bermuda.  Post was quietly removed lolol.

He was probably looking for a cruise to Nassau, NY.

On 10/4/2022 at 10:26 PM, Charles4515 said:

You posted that you won't take private excursions because of the risk of missing the ship. 

The lovely LaLa has that opinion. But it's really not a fear, more of a policy 😇