Parking at port of Tampa

detroitautocruisers

11 minutes ago, detroitautocruisers said:

We have a b2b over Christmas and are driving down. What’s it like parking at port of Tampa? 

Used the parking at the port. December 2018. We made a reservation ahead of time and used the valet.  Worked very well.  

Celebrity uses Terminal 6.  We pre-booked, and got there early.  It's not a garage.  It's an open parking lot.  You drop off your luggage then drive to the parking lot entrance.  Go all the way to the back.  It will be easier to get to the terminal entrance and closer when you return with your luggage to cart to your car.

• Like 2

For my last two cruises out of Tampa, I stayed at the Hampton Inn Ybor City before and after the cruise.  They have a covered parking area and I think the charge to park for the duration of the cruise was only $10 - prices subject to change, of course.  I took the hotel shuttle to the terminal and back.

15 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Celebrity uses Terminal 6.  We pre-booked, and got there early.  It's not a garage.  It's an open parking lot.  You drop off your luggage then drive to the parking lot entrance.  Go all the way to the back.  It will be easier to get to the terminal entrance and closer when you return with your luggage to cart to your car.

We now use a porter when debarking the ship and picking up our luggage.

On our Constellation cruise in February, the porter brought the luggage to our car and

loaded it into the trunk. He said it was part of the service in Tampa.

The only only cruise line and port that we had that happen was MSC in Miami.

There is covered parking across the street from the terminal. Has elevators. Drop luggage first then park. Google it, directions are easy. Cheaper if you reserve on line. There is the outside as Wimeaux7

said also. Have used the inside all the time never used the outside. You pay the porter 20, he will take you across the street, when you get back. You want to get out fast in the terminal coming back, use a porter.

2 hours ago, Thesandman12 said:

There is covered parking across the street from the terminal. Has elevators. Drop luggage first then park. Google it, directions are easy. Cheaper if you reserve on line. There is the outside as Wimeaux7

said also. Have used the inside all the time never used the outside. You pay the porter 20, he will take you across the street, when you get back. You want to get out fast in the terminal coming back, use a porter.

RCI docks at both T#6....a reconverted (and too small IMHO) old freight terminal, and also at T#3.  Pax will need to find out which one their ship is docking at.  

The parking for T#6 is an open parking lot in front of the ship.   T#3 has the garage available...across the parking lot, across the rail tracks, and across the busy street.  

RCI uses T#6 the most, I know Serenade docks there.  Brilliance is usually at T#3.  

I like parking in a garage...but the open parking lot right in front of the ship for T#6 is very convenient.  We use that when ship is at #6.  

Edited by island lady

On 9/30/2022 at 3:06 PM, island lady said:

RCI docks at both T#6....a reconverted (and too small IMHO) old freight terminal, and also at T#3.  Pax will need to find out which one their ship is docking at.  

The parking for T#6 is an open parking lot in front of the ship.   T#3 has the garage available...across the parking lot, across the rail tracks, and across the busy street.  

RCI uses T#6 the most, I know Serenade docks there.  Brilliance is usually at T#3.  

I like parking in a garage...but the open parking lot right in front of the ship for T#6 is very convenient.  We use that when ship is at #6.  

You are correct, I got hung up on T3, always brilliance, forgot the other, my error.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 10:40 AM, kelbell said:

Also check out myparkconnect.com  We use that site every time we

cruise out of Tampa. One of the best ports to park at.

@kelbell - Do you have the address?  I don't see it on their site.  Looks like they only email it after you book.  I'm taking a group and we will have 4 cars to park.  I need to show the location to them before booking.  Will save the group a decent amount, especially if it really is just a walk across the street.  Thanks!

I do not know the address, I have always used them and I pay online

print out the info and always print two, in case the person takes one when

I pull in, (that happened one time, when we left they wanted a copy)  I always

also take a screen shot of everything.(thank god I did).  I have always parked

at the Channelside  garage, literally across the street. And yes I agree it saves

a nice amount.

cbCRR,  someone mentioned them on this site a few years back,

and like you I tried to look into them before I tired. and couldn't find

really anything. I took a leap of faith because someone mentioned it

here, and I would only be out $28 at that time. (5 day cruise)  When I got

to the garage I mentioned I pre-paid with Park connect and she smiled and

told us to enjoy the cruise.  We have been using them ever sense. My husband is

visually impaired and I do not drop him off, and it is less than a 5min walk. (for us)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 10:28 AM, Homosassa said:

We now use a porter when debarking the ship and picking up our luggage.

On our Constellation cruise in February, the porter brought the luggage to our car and

loaded it into the trunk. He said it was part of the service in Tampa.

The only only cruise line and port that we had that happen was MSC in Miami.

I recently returned from a 7 night cruise with RCLs Serenade of the Seas, and self-parked in the secure, outdoor lot adjacent/across from Terminal 6.  Upon return I used a porter and doing so allowed me to jump the line at Immigration and the porter took my bags to my car which was about 100 feet from the terminal exit.  The porter also put the luggage in my car.  Using a porter was probably the smartest decision I made.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, ktbr11crs said:

When parking at the port and cruising from Terminal 6, do you need a reservation? 

Also, how does it work if you have a back 2 back cruise?

Thanks!

No...no reservations needed.   Could prepay, but we never do....just pay as you enter.  

B2B?  😉 

1 hour ago, ktbr11crs said:

When parking at the port and cruising from Terminal 6, do you need a reservation? 

Also, how does it work if you have a back 2 back cruise?

Thanks!

I parked in that Terminal 6 lot 11/5/2022.  7 nights.  $105.  I don't know with certainty, but I don't know why you would not be permitted to park in that lot for back-to-back cruises, because you'd pay for the totality of the days parked there.  There's probably a telephone number listed on the website where you could ask that specific question.  I did not reserve in advance, and because I had an 11 a.m. boarding time I arrived at 9:45 a.m. and the lot was maybe 1/4 to 1/2 full.  Not all disembarking passengers had left the ship yet due to a delay.

44 minutes ago, island lady said:

No...no reservations needed.   Could prepay, but we never do....just pay as you enter.  

B2B?  😉 

9 minutes ago, Longford said:

I parked in that Terminal 6 lot 11/5/2022.  7 nights.  $105.  I don't know with certainty, but I don't know why you would not be permitted to park in that lot for back-to-back cruises, because you'd pay for the totality of the days parked there.  There's probably a telephone number listed on the website where you could ask that specific question.  I did not reserve in advance, and because I had an 11 a.m. boarding time I arrived at 9:45 a.m. and the lot was maybe 1/4 to 1/2 full.  Not all disembarking passengers had left the ship yet due to a delay.

Thanks for the great information! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ktbr11crs said:

Thanks for the great information! 

What I appreciated about the Terminal 6 parking lot is that it is adjacent to the ship.  Arriving early after my approx 40 minute drive from home, my car was parked maybe 100 ft or a bit more in distance from the ship itself.  There are other, less expensive parking options, but it's a vacation, isn't it?  I asked myself, why schlep my bags a couple of blocks away to a less expensive parking opportunity?  It was my first-ever cruise, and I enjoyed it.  I also learned that cruising solo can be expensive.  However, compared to other non-cruise travel I priced for the same time period ... not much more, or even more than those other trips.

Note:  access to boarding the ship is through a one gate in the fence of the lot and you cannot, are not permitted to, leave the parking area to board the ship until all passengers have disembarked.  For my cruise, the ship docked late due to heavy fog in the port area and it was 11 a.m. before the gate opened and passengers were allowed to approach the ship.  Passengers arriving by taxi or other attempted drop-off were waived-on by security and, also, not permitted to approach the ship until 11 or after.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 12:43 PM, Longford said:

I recently returned from a 7 night cruise with RCLs Serenade of the Seas, and self-parked in the secure, outdoor lot adjacent/across from Terminal 6.  Upon return I used a porter and doing so allowed me to jump the line at Immigration and the porter took my bags to my car which was about 100 feet from the terminal exit.  The porter also put the luggage in my car.  Using a porter was probably the smartest decision I made.

I am going on the Constellation in Feb. How do I get to that open parking lot adjacent to Terminal 6 (that everyone is talking about) and how do I prepay?

Thank you all.

Edited by Arzeena

11 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I am going on the Constellation in Feb. How do I get to that open parking lot adjacent to Terminal 6 (that everyone is talking about) and how do I prepay?

Thank you all.

My little SUV is there right now.  Simply pull in at the traffic light follow the signs, drive up to drop your checked luggage (there are officials there to direct you) then start back out, but hang a left before you get back out to the light (well marked) to go into the open fenced lot.  Guard at gate will take your payment and give you a receipt, then drive in to self park. 

The entrance gate to walk up to the terminal is at the opposite end from where you came into the entrance to pay.  

• Thanks 2