Reflection Changes/Upgrades

Pickels

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Will they replace the grass area close to the Sunset bar with comfy seats/sofas like they have done on Silhouette. That became my favourite daytime "go to" area to chill.

That would be great , I would love to more tables and chairs 

would great if they are higher seats , I find most seats to low 😁

On 10/6/2022 at 4:04 PM, canderson said:

Expecting a bit more than that given the 2 week length of the drydock. Reflection is due for its 5 year 'refresh'.

Will let everyone know when we board in 3-1/2 weeks.  Reflection starts its last pre-drydock cruise, a 10 nt, tomorrow.

Just off Reflection and after speaking to a couple of crew members I would imagine it's a bit more than simple mechanical and barnacle scraping. The ones I spoke to weren't sure exactly what was being done but I had asked whether the staff were looking forward to a couple of weeks of down time... apparently they won't have any down time as they were under the impression roughly 2000 contractors are going to be boarding for the 2 weeks in dry dock, contractors who need catering for etc. 

22 hours ago, OysterD said:

Just off Reflection and after speaking to a couple of crew members I would imagine it's a bit more than simple mechanical and barnacle scraping. The ones I spoke to weren't sure exactly what was being done but I had asked whether the staff were looking forward to a couple of weeks of down time... apparently they won't have any down time as they were under the impression roughly 2000 contractors are going to be boarding for the 2 weeks in dry dock, contractors who need catering for etc. 

Will be Sailing Reflection for the first time in March-Eastern Caribbean. in an S-1 suite I believe. I've been on Solstice and Equinox. Would love to know of any 'secret" spaces on the ship where one can lay out on sea days and feel more relaxed than at a crowded pool area. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, yogagal47 said:

Will be Sailing Reflection for the first time in March-Eastern Caribbean. in an S-1 suite I believe. I've been on Solstice and Equinox. Would love to know of any 'secret" spaces on the ship where one can lay out on sea days and feel more relaxed than at a crowded pool area. Thanks!

Your balcony 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Your balcony 😁

LOL.   It looks like it will be a decent-size-we're in 2110.   Wondering if our friends who are in adjacent cabin 2108 will have the removable panel between our two balconies which would create a bigger space for happy hour?

49 minutes ago, yogagal47 said:

LOL.   It looks like it will be a decent-size-we're in 2110.   Wondering if our friends who are in adjacent cabin 2108 will have the removable panel between our two balconies which would create a bigger space for happy hour?

We were on the Reflection in August in a Sky Suite and my sister and BIL were in the adjacent cabin. We had our butler open the partition between our two balconies the first day. We were in 2139 and 2137, both balconies were a nice size on their own but with them opened up they were very nice. Each SS balcony had a full size 30" table and two chairs for dining on the balcony too.

• Thanks 2

On 10/8/2022 at 9:24 AM, yogagal47 said:

Wondering if our friends who are in adjacent cabin 2108 will have the removable panel between our two balconies which would create a bigger space for happy hour?

That can be a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.

10 hours ago, DCPIV said:

We've sailed with friends many times - I can recall one sailing where one of the friendships went south midway through the cruise. It was easy enough to make other dining plans (shared a table in the MDR), but I'm thankful we didn't share a balcony! 

Tom

11 hours ago, DCPIV said:

We are not too worried. We met our friends on the Celebrity Galapagos cruise years ago. We have since visited them in Belgium, recently 5 days together at their apartment in Alicante and they are coming to visit us in Denver in a month. They love Celebrity and talked us into this cruise. They've never cruised the Caribbean.

• Like 2

Here's what I heard in April of this year:

We are doing the dry dock on the 18th of October. The plan is to get a retreat sundeck and do a few changes around the ship.
However i am not sure if they are going to do any Suite renovations.

Here's what I just heard back:

... just a week until the Reflection will be up and dry in Marseille and in full swing of getting her ready for certification for another 4/5 years.
It does appear that any works to the Retreat/Michael's or the sun deck are on hold. This is purely just a mechanical and scheduled maintenance stop for the Reflection.

---------------

So.... so it goes !

12 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Here's what I just heard back:

... just a week until the Reflection will be up and dry in Marseille and in full swing of getting her ready for certification for another 4/5 years.
It does appear that any works to the Retreat/Michael's or the sun deck are on hold. This is purely just a mechanical and scheduled maintenance stop for the Reflection.

That is exactly what I heard while on the Reflection in August.  As of now all Revolutionizing of remaining fleet is on indefinite hold by Celebrity corporate. It is all a matter of having the available cash to keep the Revolutionizing program.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

That is exactly what I heard while on the Reflection in August.  As of now all Revolutionizing of remaining fleet is on indefinite hold by Celebrity corporate. It is all a matter of having the available cash to keep the Revolutionizing program.

I could see them changing Cellar Masters in a sport pub , as it wouldn’t take much to change and could increase revenue

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

This is purely just a mechanical and scheduled maintenance stop for the Reflection.

This is disappointing.  I put a deposit on a Reflection cruise for next September because the itinerary looked better than the Edge sailings.  But with no real refresh/updates being performed, I'm thinking this ship will be looking a little worse for wear by then and not worth the price Celebrity is charging.  May have to re-think and wait to see what is announced for the 2024 European season instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I could see them changing Cellar Masters in a sport pub , as it wouldn’t take much to change and could increase revenue

If I had but one request of a change THAT would be it ! 

Cellar Masters, to me, is a quiet, empty, underutilized space!

I'd love a pub burger or wings late some evening 🙂

Tom

3 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

This is disappointing.  I put a deposit on a Reflection cruise for next September because the itinerary looked better than the Edge sailings.  But with no real refresh/updates being performed, I'm thinking this ship will be looking a little worse for wear by then and not worth the price Celebrity is charging.  May have to re-think and wait to see what is announced for the 2024 European season instead.

I have (this) Thanksgiving week and the following week booked. I decided to see what next Thanksgiving would run in the same (RS) category.. W O W... I don't know what's been going on with the Edge class rates, but to me it seems that they're pricing the Reflection (for next fall) as if it was a flagship !

Tom

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

We sailed in a Sky Suite in August on the Reflection from Rome, and I thought she was in great shape even though she had not been revolutionized. I believe she was refreshed in 2017 but she was not in service for most of 2020 and 21.  After the Reflection cruise we were in a suite for 14 days on the HAL Oosterdam which had a total refurbishment in 2019. Comparing the two ships, the Oosterdam was in much poorer condition than the Reflection. Just walking down, the cabin hallways of the Oosterdam and seeing so many of the cabins with dented and scratched doors and torn carpeting was disappointing. I wouldn't hesitate to sail again on the Reflection anytime soon.

2 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

In December we booked a SS on Reflection for May 2023 for our 30th anniversary. Since it hasn’t been revolutionized and nothing planned in the near future, we changed to Aqua, which was actually cheaper than a veranda or concierge. I was shocked! With a SS pricing at $13k, I couldn’t justify that for a non revolutionized ship. Maybe one day!

• 1 year later...

We did a Spain, France, Italy cruise on the Reflection in May-June 2023. It is a lovely ship with the most accommodating crew I have met after doing 9 cruises. The ship was very clean, but it hasn’t been revolutionized like the Summit. Even the crew had no idea when it was to be scheduled. I believe it had the best entertainment and food. We didn’t bother with any specialty restaurants, nor the Persian Garden. We were busy in ports everyday for 10 days, except for one sea day. People complained about the high cost of the excursions because they merely offered transportation. Since we did our research ahead of time and traveled independently, we were able to see just about everything we had planned. This is the smartest way of traveling because port days are short. 

• Like 2

I love this ship!  Cruised on her 3 times before the pandemic, and we’re booked for March to the eastern Caribbean in my first non-suite accessible ocean view cabin, only accessible cabin left on the ship. Looking forward to a great cruise on a great ship! Will post back on her condition after the cruise.

• Like 1