Higher limits for Classic and Premium Drink Packages out of Southampton?

GRBlizz

I've seen references to the fact that drinks on sailings out of Southampton (and possibly other ports) are priced with tips included, so the cap on prices of beverages included in the packages is higher than the $9 and $15 quoted on the X website. Can someone confirm this, and also tell me what the limits are for Classic and Premium packages? Thanks! There is much confusion in my cruise's Facebook group.

1 hour ago, GRBlizz said:

I've seen references to the fact that drinks on sailings out of Southampton (and possibly other ports) are priced with tips included, so the cap on prices of beverages included in the packages is higher than the $9 and $15 quoted on the X website. Can someone confirm this, and also tell me what the limits are for Classic and Premium packages? Thanks! There is much confusion in my cruise's Facebook group.

Confusion on Facebook, surely you jest!!  🤪  But I digress...just do a quick Google sear, Celebrity Cruises drink packages, it will take you direct to the link where you can compapre each package inclusion and cost

In ports which require the total price be listed Like Southampton and Australia the limit is increased to cover the gratuity.  So a $15 glass of wine on those wine lists will show as $18 and the limit is increased to cover that cost.  
The same wine in the Caribbean or Med will be listed as $15 and with a premium beverage package you won’t see a bill which would show a$15 charge plus a 20% gratuity of $3 so same price just different way of showing the cost.

On sailings out of Southampton all prices shown on bar tariffs and menus must display the price to be paid. VAT is only added for sailings without a foreign stop. 

UK sailing.... 

112583288_bar4.jpeg.71cd5523deb4342405edd484ac7a44a8.jpeg

US sailing.... 

332610310_Bar4US.jpeg.ec0af0d877a0d64159e9e05ab2c76b50.jpeg

Note the lack of comment about a 20% gratuity being added on the UK menue

Edited by groryjm

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

On sailings out of Southampton all prices shown on bar tariffs and menus must display the price to be paid. VAT is only added for sailings without a foreign stop. 

UK sailing.... 

112583288_bar4.jpeg.71cd5523deb4342405edd484ac7a44a8.jpeg

US sailing.... 

332610310_Bar4US.jpeg.ec0af0d877a0d64159e9e05ab2c76b50.jpeg

Note the lack of comment about a 20% gratuity being added on the UK menue

OP sorry to hijack your post but Groryjm has just reminded me of my favourite cocktail, elderflower blush…As I am not cruising soon I may just treat myself to the ingredients…

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

It was exactly the same price last year on the round Britain Staycations, as it was this year on our Mediterranean sailing.

@upwardukas your Med sailing was out of a UK port the menus would have to include the 20% gratuity and thus the menu prices would be the same as any other sailing out of Southampton. 

I'm not sure about the VAT but the menu difference now is 20% where as a couple of years ago it was nearer 18%. The menu prices sailing out the US to the UK have one price and after the TA for UK sailings the menu  prices are changed each year to complie with UK consumer laws. The package limits also change .

Just got off the Silhouette yesterday.  I don't know about the VAT reasons or anything but yes in practice the limit was higher.  We were on Premium Beverage and everything under $18 was fair game. Martini Bar stuff was all 15.50 and WCB was 18 excepting the one fancy smoked one which I think was $24.

• Like 1