Norwegian drops all COVID protocols - when will Carnival match?

ProgRockCruiser

Saw this on my local news feed, and I haven't seen it mentioned here - my apologies if this is old news:

"Norwegian Cruise Line has announced the removal of its pre-cruise COVID-19 testing, vaccination and masking requirements for all guests."

Effective 4 Oct 2022.

Norwegian's website, of course, has a disclaimer:

"Destination specific requirements will still need to be met.
For specific country requirements, please visit Cruise Travel Requirements by Country."

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2022/10/03/norwegian-cruise-line-eliminates-all-covid-19-testing-masking-and-vaccination-requirements/

• Thanks 2

I'd agree with the previous poster.  By end of the week all major cruise lines will have dropped everything.  With wave season coming up they want as many passengers onboard to make up for lost revenue the last couple of years.

• Like 2

I suspect Carnival will soon as well. The testing doesn't make sense anymore and no one cares that others aren't vaccinated, well at least I don't, I just got my bivalent booster and flu shot and I'm good with cruising with any/all with no restrictions, just as it is in everyday life. I think most people are ready to move on from the restrictions phase of covid and back into normalcy. That said, December will be interesting to see if we get a winter surge again, either way, I doubt anything will move backwards. Hopefully, the crew will be able to have the option to demask as well, as I understand it now, some technically do but there is pressure put on them to continue masking. Hopefully, that pressure ends as well.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BarbieGee said:

I had been contemplating the joining of and use of Verifly. Is this still useful for cruising?

No.  We never used it on our four cruises since the restart.  On our cruise last week it took less than a minute to check in.  That was mostly taking the picture from the passport.  Don't think they even looked at the vaccination card.