Carnival Dream, LIVE 10/8/22-10/16/22

MeganGC1983

50 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Rebecca Romijn “The real Love Boat is setting sail” 

me: I hope they went to mustard! 😉

image.jpg

The male host on that show reminds me of Tim Allen when he got Botox on Christmas with the Kranks.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867trd7fusrvhd63ah15

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

image.jpg

I found that show quite boring. Probably won’t be watching any more episodes. What a disappointment.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, blarko said:

I found that show quite boring. Probably won’t be watching any more episodes. What a disappointment.

I thought it was just really cheesy…

but did they charter a ship for it or was this someone’s actual cruise that they were filming during? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

I thought it was just really cheesy…

but did they charter a ship for it or was this someone’s actual cruise that they were filming during? 

That is probably what surprised me the most. There were people on there. You could see them in the background of the introductions and on Lido. Hopefully they got a heads up before they sailed or a discount. You know production stopped people from going some places at different time. I don’t think I’d like that. 

• Like 5

22 hours until departure! It’s trying to rain here, and Oklahoma needs it. Oklahoma is currently in a drought longer than the 1930s dust bowl. I read that on social media yesterday. I didn’t fact check it, but it seems legit. Saturday the high will be in the 60s. Glad I’m missing that. Galveston will be in the 80s where I like it. 
Gotta get snacks at the Walmarts today. I have one more webinar, Parent/Teacher conferences, and dinner with my sister tonight. Currently wondering if any restaurants will show the football game on the “home shopping channel” this evening. Not sure how that works. I’m sure the ships don’t. Good thing I’m pretty much over this football season. 😏 I’m holding out a little faith in TB12 even though I’m pretty sure he’s having a midlife crisis. It’s gotta be tough when a former supermodel divorces you for having a job. 
Happy Thursday everyone. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

image.jpg

I happened to be on that channel watching Survivor, and caught the first twenty minutes or so... Probably not something I would watch, but it's good to see Matt Mitcham moving on up...

• Like 6

5 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

That is probably what surprised me the most. There were people on there. You could see them in the background of the introductions and on Lido. Hopefully they got a heads up before they sailed or a discount. You know production stopped people from going some places at different time. I don’t think I’d like that. 

Yeah in that last scene you could see people walking in the background of lido and some chilling on loungers one deck up. It seems like they really forced the CD, captain, and bartender into scenes. It seems to me if you’re going to have a CD for it, he should be doing the job the hosts are doing. It’s probably a one and done series.

• Like 4

On 10/4/2022 at 8:08 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s cruise week, and once again, I’ll be your host taking you on a whirlwind, 8 night sailing on the Carnival Dream. From transportation to debarkation, Fall break is gonna be a blast from your computer or mobile device.
 As always, I’ll be bringing you all the action, food, and drinks… yes, there will definitely be drinks! So hit that subscribe button, car leaves Friday; ship leaves Saturday. Let’s go cruising! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

800D4E07-95BA-4815-9E34-7F27720C16FB.jpeg

6DA98365-B47C-4BE3-A367-F4000F5FBB39.jpeg

I'm in! Got this 'subscribed' so I can enjoy vicariously to your adventure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah in that last scene you could see people walking in the background of lido and some chilling on loungers one deck up. It seems like they really forced the CD, captain, and bartender into scenes. It seems to me if you’re going to have a CD for it, he should be doing the job the hosts are doing. It’s probably a one and done series.

I agree, sadly. 

• Like 1

Today is just slowly moving. Usually my days seem to fly by and before I know it, the kids are running off the bus. Pre-cruise departure day, time creeps by. 
Everyone is packed, car snacks have been procured, documents ready… let’s go clock. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Today is just slowly moving. Usually my days seem to fly by and before I know it, the kids are running off the bus. Pre-cruise departure day, time creeps by. 
Everyone is packed, car snacks have been procured, documents ready… let’s go clock. 

I'm not even packed yet and I'm heading to Galveston in the morning also 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/4/2022 at 10:25 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

This will also be our first “Halloween” sailing. Pre-Covid, we normally sailed in September and in the spring. After Covid, we sailed in November, January, April, June and July. 😬 We have kid costumes packed… because who doesn’t need something extra to take. They are excited to trick or treat and see all of the Halloween decor. I’m simple… I’m just excited for Cheers! 😉

Just off Sunshine and so many dressed up and deck party was fun.  Also you have to take advantage of the Halloween photo ops.  We rarely have pictures taken but this was a girls cruise and the pictures were so fun.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WhiteOptima said:

Just off Sunshine and so many dressed up and deck party was fun.  Also you have to take advantage of the Halloween photo ops.  We rarely have pictures taken but this was a girls cruise and the pictures were so fun.

I didn’t even think about that. I’ll have to watch out for those. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Parent teacher conferences went well. My 2nd grader and my 3rd graders are both testing at 4th grade level and my boy is “all boy”. The middle is “just the sweetest” so I’m happy. Now we are at dinner. Place called Bricktown Brewery.  I’m having the sangria pina colada. 

76064162-E18F-4C59-A675-F610E93E55E7.jpeg

B35B5B37-FCF2-4FE8-B5CB-4E2B5D9EE5FD.jpeg

DBC2BC66-18CA-418C-94F8-C559D0C30730.jpeg

C9359354-AF93-43C1-A6CE-8CEF957670A2.jpeg

37BD66C1-6E5D-4580-965C-7323FB202E6C.jpeg

• Like 12