WiFi upgrade with OBC

*Fudge*

2 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

Hi, we have basic WiFi included in our cruise and also some OBC, can one person upgrade to premium using our OBC? Can it be done just for one day or does it have to be for the whole 

Yes it can be upgraded.  Unless things changed only for the remainder of your cruise.  It is slightly cheaper precruise.

Details are on the website.

8 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

BTW, this might be a daft question but is 4G available on the ships?  

Yes and no.  Most providers will provide roaming shipboard, but not all.  Check with your provider, and you will need a compatible phone.  At $6 or more a minute for cellular, you may instead wish to consider WiFi calling using your faster internet connection.

Edited by canderson

On 10/4/2022 at 11:10 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Yes it can be upgraded.  Unless things changed only for the remainder of your cruise.  It is slightly cheaper precruise.

Details are on the website.

Can you point me to the details? In my cruise planner, I only see the Surf and the Premium Wifi packages, even though the Surf is included. No Upgrades.

On 10/4/2022 at 2:04 PM, *Fudge* said:

Hi, we have basic WiFi included in our cruise and also some OBC, can one person upgrade to premium using our OBC? Can it be done just for one day or does it have to be for the whole cruise?  TIA

From your app you can choose to upgrade a single user account or you can purchase 1 day or 1 hour  Premium Internet but very expensive.     Yes it is charged to your online account and thus your OBC. You ca also go to the Internet store and have them do it for you.

Depending on your CC status you may get Free Internet Premium Minutes (used incrementally  but remember to log off or they will disappear.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

21 hours ago, *Fudge* said:

Thank you all.  I managed to upgrade to the premium Wi-Fi instead of the basic for one of us in the cabin.  I contacted Celebrity on Twitter.  👍

As someone who is looking to do the same on a cruise next year may I ask some questions?

1. You basically only paid the difference in price between the included basic WiFi and the Premium.  Correct?  How much per day was that?

2. Only one device can be upgraded or is it an upgrade for the entire cabin (2 devices)?

Thanks so much!

I upgraded my wi-fi this morning for our upcoming sailing.  CC Select members get 25% off any wi-fi package, and the discount also applies to upgrades.  DH & I have the AI basic wi-fi, so I only needed the upgrade for one of us.  I called X and was able to upgrade 1 device to Xcelerate Stream for $89.91 for our 9-night sailing, so about $10/day, using OBC.

On 10/10/2022 at 8:43 PM, NJRonbo said:

As someone who is looking to do the same on a cruise next year may I ask some questions?

1. You basically only paid the difference in price between the included basic WiFi and the Premium.  Correct?  How much per day was that?

2. Only one device can be upgraded or is it an upgrade for the entire cabin (2 devices)?

Thanks so much!

Hi. 

1.  Yes we did, the difference was about $9 a day.  That was for one person to upgrade. 

2.  I was told that the person that upgrades can swap between their devices.  So I suppose you could swap your devices?  .

10 hours ago, *Fudge* said:

Hi. 

1.  Yes we did, the difference was about $9 a day.  That was for one person to upgrade. 

2.  I was told that the person that upgrades can swap between their devices.  So I suppose you could swap your devices?  .

Excellent. Thank you for your help.  I don't know if it was here or not, but I got a phone number to call in advance of the cruise where I could upgrade my WiFi.