Evening Dress Code/enforcement

Rick&Susan

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I guess you have missed the memo. Celebrity is now calling itself a luxury cruise line.

There also seems to be two Celebrity's........ classic Celebrity on Millenium and   class ships for the old folks and future Celebrity on Edge Class for a younger demographic. Edge class has more family stuff. Edge class passengers dress up less. Edge class is future Celebrity......Rick and Susan, Pinboy, Oyster, you all need to move on. Candrson seems to have figured that out. Old Celebrity is being phased out. 

I just (re) booked a cruise on the Beyond and I’m 56.  Will they let me on the ship?  I’m not young enough.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I just (re) booked a cruise on the Beyond and I’m 56.  Will they let me on the ship?  I’m not young enough.

As long as you have a smartphone. You have to do everything on it. That another indicator it is not for traditional cruisers. At 56 you are an "edge" case. 😀 

On 10/7/2022 at 3:33 PM, Rick&Susan said:

Currently on Royal's Oasis of the Seas for 1st time on Royal, regular Celebrity cruiser- disappointed to experience that & curious why men are wearing shorts (even gym shorts, not long dressy shorts) & T-shirts in specialty restaurants, MDR & public areas after 5pm, even on "Formal" nights. I've never seen this in 60 years of cruising on 12  lines & have heard a number of others commenting on it also. Upon asking about it with specialty restaurant managers, Guest Services & the Diamond Concierge, they all seem embarrassed that upper management has told them to no longer simply, apporpriately request men return to their room to put on slacks & a collared shirt. Seems to me they're pandering to a few inconsiderate guests while disappointing many more considerate guests who'd like a classier evening experience. Is this happening on Celebrity or any other lines recently also? I don't even recall it on Carnival. My bride suggests they at least sit their party by the kitchen in a separate area. :>)

See what you started?????

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are there restaurants around the world that don’t allow men to wear shorts at dinner?  (I don’t know.)

Since you live in Raleigh the answer is yes.   Angus Barn has their dress code posted on the door.  Prohibits most of the same things a Celebrity.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Since you live in Raleigh the answer is yes.   Angus Barn has their dress code posted on the door.  Prohibits most of the same things a Celebrity.

Well I didn’t have to wear a tux at the last wine dinner.  I can’t keep patronizing a business with such low standards.

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

1--I have always found the officers on Celebrity more visible

2--The Captain on our last Reflection cruise made it a point to say something to us each time we met and even knew our names, which surprised me

1-- Visible-- Yes ------ But, always seem to have a phone to their ear to either look busy or just don't want to be bothered. 

2-- We also have found that every Captain on all our cruises have been extremely approachable, always have time for a little chat----- that's why we really don't care who the Captain is going to be on our cruise----- They all are well qualified and provide an excellent cruise experience.

10 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I guess you have missed the memo. Celebrity is now calling itself a luxury cruise line.

There also seems to be two Celebrity's........ classic Celebrity on Millenium and   Solstice class ships for the old folks and future Celebrity on Edge Class for a younger demographic. Edge class has more family stuff. Edge class passengers dress up less. Edge class is future Celebrity......Rick and Susan, Pinboy, Oyster, you all need to move on. Candrson seems to have figured that out. Old Celebrity is being phased out. 

Two Celebrity's, ten Celebrity's--- no difference---

All I'm saying is----Just follow the friggin rules---

Is it really too hard or are you just trying to prove " something "?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Two Celebrity's, ten Celebrity's--- no difference---

All I'm saying is----Just follow the friggin rules---

Is it really too hard or are you just trying to prove " something "?

I am all for you following rules. You should stop worrying about how other people dress. It really is none of your business.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I am all for you following rules. You should stop worrying about how other people dress. It really is none of your business.

"I am all for you following rules ".

Thanks-- it's not very hard.

FYI--I could care less how you or other people dress--

Just be courteous to the Staff , follow the rules --- don't make it hard on them -- 

Try it---trust me-- it's not a " big deal " -- 

How about we all move on from this topic?

9 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

"I am all for you following rules ".

Thanks-- it's not very hard.

FYI--I could care less how you or other people dress--

Just be courteous to the Staff , follow the rules --- don't make it hard on them -- 

Try it---trust me-- it's not a " big deal " -- 

How about we all move on from this topic?

I'd still like get a sense as to whether the 'let it all hang out' crowd would be willing to allow for just ONE venue aboard requiring compliance with what Celebrity puts in print.  How about Murano, where available? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Unless they wear a t-shirt with profanity or an objectionable statement printed on the shirt I and my DW could not care.

So you have your rule about what is acceptable.  What if some of us have a different rule?

Despite what another poster says I think it is my business if we have to share the same space.  If someone has the right to break the dress code, I have the right to look at them.  I can’t spend the whole night staring at the wall.

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So you have your rule about what is acceptable.  What if some of us have a different rule?

Despite what another poster says I think it is my business if we have to share the same space.  If someone has the right to break the dress code, I have the right to look at them.  I can’t spend the whole night staring at the wall.

You are allowed to look all you want. 

Edited by Charles4515

18 hours ago, zitsky said:

I’m 57 and will be on the Apex in a month. And will be happy to follow the dress code! And may also pull my phone out to take a pic of the food or look up the answer to an arcane question we’re all arguing about at the dinner table. 

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 1:40 PM, kwokpot said:

I'm rereading the Daily Planner for Sunday, February 25, 2022 on the Reflection and for Evening Chic this is what's printed:

Men's Fashion: Pants or designer jeans with a a long sleeve shirt, button-down shirt, or sweater. 

I wear a very good up and coming American designer's jeans. The name is Kirkland. I don't know if that's his/her first or last name but like Adele, or Bono, when you are that good you only need one name! 😉

8 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I wear a very good up and coming American designer's jeans. The name is Kirkland. I don't know if that's his/her first or last name but like Adele, or Bono, when you are that good you only need one name! 😉

This is just another reminder at how elitist cruising is.   Normal people would buy their jeans at Walmart.  They don’t pay $60 to walk in the door at Costco.  🥸

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

This is just another reminder at how elitist cruising is.   Normal people would buy their jeans at Walmart.  They don’t pay $60 to walk in the door at Costco.  🥸

Only $60? You must be referring to those 'Classic' Costco members. I'm 'Zenith' at Costco, We look down on those mere 'Classic' members. 😉

As for Walmart. Never trust trust a guy named George. Americans should know what I mean (remember 1776?) 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Only $60? You must be referring to those 'Classic' Costco members. I'm 'Zenith' at Costco, We look down on those mere 'Classic' members. 😉

As for Walmart. Never trust trust a guy named George. Americans should know what I mean (remember 1776?) 😁

I never said that MY membership was $60.  Does YOUR membership come with a private parking space?  

28 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I never said that MY membership was $60.  Does YOUR membership come with a private parking space?  

Elite plus members get the free parking spots.

Zenith members don't go into the stores. That would mean we would have to associate with Classic members. 🤢 And have you seen those dumps! 😱 

😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 2:53 PM, sgadk87 said:

How can anyone be disappointed by others way to dress?

Here is an example:  I am in my formal gown and my husband is in a tuxedo. 

We are seated at a show in the theater. 

Next to us sits 3 young adults wearing shorts and t-shirts. 

It happens. 

All the time. 

It's disappointing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Elite plus members get the free parking spots.

Zenith members don't go into the stores. That would mean we would have to associate with Classic members. 🤢 And have you seen those dumps! 😱 

😁

My Costco membership gives me free ketchup in the food court.  And free salt and pepper on Celebrity cruises!

I think the next time I cruise I’ll bring pepper spray.  In case someone in shorts and a tshirt sits next to me.

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Boo's Mom said:

Here is an example:  I am in my formal gown and my husband is in a tuxedo. 

We are seated at a show in the theater. 

Next to us sits 3 young adults wearing shorts and t-shirts. 

It happens. 

All the time. 

It's disappointing. 

Why are you  in an evening gown and a tuxedo? You are on the wrong cruise line. If you are disappointed that is too bad. Your expectations are wrong. 

• Like 2