Here is how to print luggage tags for Princess.....

Smokeyham

On 12/10/2022 at 8:21 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Thanks for the link and suggestion Rick,  I ordered and received the 5 piece set and it's just perfect to protect our luggage tags.

Although it hasn't happened to us I would just hate to have one torn off and my bag delayed or not delivered to our cabin.  

2 hours ago, azddave said:

Thanks for the link and suggestion Rick,  I ordered and received the 5 piece set and it's just perfect to protect our luggage tags.

Although it hasn't happened to us I would just hate to have one torn off and my bag delayed or not delivered to our cabin.  

I use a highly technical and expensive method to get my bags to my cabin.  A piece of duck tape with my cabin number written in sharpie marker stuck to my bag.  Won't tear off.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2022 at 10:24 AM, Dave&Ronda said:

Finding them was very easy, printing them not so much.  They print short and fat instead of long and skinny.  I don't think they will even wrap around my handle??

Any ideas on how to print the correct way.  I have tried changing the print settings with no luck.

I just had the same issue and came here looking for a solution. Using Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome worked for me.

On 11/30/2022 at 11:45 AM, jennybenny said:

This was a browser issue for me.

Try using MS Edge, or something different than what you used to print the tags

I had the same issue, after using Chrome successfully in the past.  

Edge worked for me too.  

Thanks for sharing information.

• Like 1

I just ran into this printing issue myself a couple of days ago.  I use Chrome for all my internet browsing.  In my opinion...they have changed something in the website that is causing this "stubby printing" issue.  Here's what I found:

DON'T use the "Print Tag" button!  Once your tag is showing on the screen just go to the normal Chrome print method.  I can't swear that it's going to work for everyone else...but it worked for me.  Easy Peasy...and nothing special!

On 11/30/2022 at 8:24 AM, Dave&Ronda said:

Finding them was very easy, printing them not so much.  They print short and fat instead of long and skinny.  I don't think they will even wrap around my handle??

Any ideas on how to print the correct way.  I have tried changing the print settings with no luck.

Just printed my tags yesterday. I had similar problem. Tag didn’t extend full length of page, appeared shorter than in past. All the information was there but I also worried about it being long enough to wrap around baggage handle. Finally discovered how to fix it. Had to adjust the scaling in the printer dialogue box. As I did that it stretched tag to bottom of page. Weird but I finally got a proper looking tag.

On 2/8/2023 at 7:39 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

DON'T use the "Print Tag" button!  Once your tag is showing on the screen just go to the normal Chrome print method.  I can't swear that it's going to work for everyone else...but it worked for me.  Easy Peasy...and nothing special!

I just printed our tags for our upcoming South America cruise on the Sapphire.  Using the normal Chrome printing method did not work for me.  I switched over to Microsoft Edge and that did work.  Thank you everyone for the suggestions, the short stubby tags were driving me nuts!  😆

19 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I just printed our tags for our upcoming South America cruise on the Sapphire.  Using the normal Chrome printing method did not work for me.  I switched over to Microsoft Edge and that did work.  Thank you everyone for the suggestions, the short stubby tags were driving me nuts!  😆

Well, sorry about that!  I was getting "stubby tags" using their print button...and just on a whim thought I would try what I suggested.  It worked so I (obviously erroneously) thought this would be the solution for others.  

• Like 2

On 2/13/2023 at 11:23 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, sorry about that!  I was getting "stubby tags" using their print button...and just on a whim thought I would try what I suggested.  It worked so I (obviously erroneously) thought this would be the solution for others.  

I just printed out tags for our next cruise, and I tried all of the methods on this thread to see what would work best and to report back.  Using Edge instead of Chrome got me the proper size tags and it didn't matter if I printed directly from the screen showing the tags or if I printed them after selecting the "Print Luggage Tag" command, or if I saved them as a PDF first and then printed them.  All gave me the long tags with no customization needed.  However, if you print directly from the screen instead of using the "Print Luggage Tag" command, your printout will have a header and footer that you may not want.  The header is a date and time stamp and says "Luggage Tag: Princess Cruises" in small type and the footer is the URL Coder of the web page.   

Using Chrome, the tags started out as the short ones irrespective of whether I printed straight from the screen or if I printed after using the "Print Luggage Tag" command, or if I saved them as PDFs.  But this can be fixed.  Use the "Print Luggage Tag" button.  When the Print dialogue box opens, look to see if the Print Preview of your tag is filling up the page, or is much shorter than that.  If it is the latter, then in the dialogue box find the dropdown for "More Settings".  Open that up and go to "Scale".  It is probably set to "Default".  Change it to "Custom" and then enter a number that will cause your tag to fill up the length of the page, or nearly so.  For me, using the number "145" does the trick.  Not sure if this will be the number for everyone, but play around with it until your tag gets to be the size that you want. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2022 at 6:45 PM, azddave said:

I print extra luggage tags and put one inside each piece of luggage.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always laminate my tags with wide, clear, packaging tape and put a loop of tape around the bottom instead of staples. Invariably, I have to find a knife to remove them, but at least I'm sure they won't come off accidentally. For my upcoming cruise we will each have the plastic zip-lock holders with the cable.

(I will use one of each just to be safe.)