Caribbean Princess vs Celebrity Summit

Gasgasgas235

Hello! I fell into some time off and have the funds to do a cruise over thanksgiving. I have a cruise on the celebrity summit and the Caribbean Princess in mind but im just curious as to what people’s experience have been on either ship. They are both in the Caribbean/Mexico region and are 4-5 nights each. Let me know!

5 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I like Summit, but CB looks to be a day longer, which trumps it for me.  EM

Oh wait.....Caribbean is 5 nights and Summit is 4?  Yeah, that changes my recommendation to Caribbean as well.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gasgasgas235 said:

Hello! I fell into some time off and have the funds to do a cruise over thanksgiving. I have a cruise on the celebrity summit and the Caribbean Princess in mind but im just curious as to what people’s experience have been on either ship. They are both in the Caribbean/Mexico region and are 4-5 nights each. Let me know!

I've sailed on the Summit three times and am scheduled for another sailing next year.  It's an older ship (about 20 years old) but extensively rehabbed and in very nice shape, IMHO.  I've sailed on Princess twice, but never the Caribbean Princess.  For a short 4 to 5 day trip, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

We have cruised on both ships and strongly recommend the Summit.  The Caribbean Princess is our least favorite of all the Princess vessels because of its faulty design.  Princess took their very successful (and popular) Grand Class design and added an additional passenger deck without any major changes/additions to public areas.  This means that you have several hundred more passengers using the same public facilities.  The result is often overcrowding, long queues, big problems if you have tender ports, problems getting seats in the main theater, etc.

While the Summit is not my favorite Celebrity ship (we prefer the Solstice Class vessels) it is far superior to the Caribbean Princess.  

Hank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, marco said:

I've not looked at the itieraries, but if CP is 5 days and S is 4, do you go to one more port on the CP?  That might make a difference in your choice.

CB is the ship designation/identifier assigned to Caribbean Princess by Princess.  CP was the designator for Sea Princess.  These are not abbreviations of the ship name.  EM

5 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We have cruised on both ships and strongly recommend the Summit.  The Caribbean Princess is our least favorite of all the Princess vessels because of its faulty design.  Princess took their very successful (and popular) Grand Class design and added an additional passenger deck without any major changes/additions to public areas.  This means that you have several hundred more passengers using the same public facilities.  The result is often overcrowding, long queues, big problems if you have tender ports, problems getting seats in the main theater, etc.

While the Summit is not my favorite Celebrity ship (we prefer the Solstice Class vessels) it is far superior to the Caribbean Princess.  

Hank

I totally agree with this.  Caribbean was one of the most crowded ships I've ever sailed.  It's why...if itineraries were equal...I'd definitely pick Summit.  

• Like 1