Noisy Suite on Zuiderdam

LewiLewi

We are in an aft Neptune Suite on deck 7 with a large and beautiful wrap around Verandah. Our only problem is an intermitent noise that sounds like something is slamming our cabin wall on the outside wall where our headboard is located. This happens only occasionally, but it is loud enough to wake us up when it happens at night. 
Does anyone know what the cause might be? Has anyone else had this problem. We mentioned it to the Concierge but he asked us to keep a log when we hear the noise and try to locate exactly where it is coming from.

Thank you.

Could it be the aft pool?  We had this issue on a Princess ship and was the aft pool.  They sent Engineers to our cabin and shut the pool off at 11pm, turned back on at 9am.    Definitely contact Concierges and have someone come into your room to hear it.

9 hours ago, ROUS said:

If they were curious enough, the crew could figure this out.

I find that a bit unfair to the crew (although I guess technically you are correct, it's just that there's no reason for them to be THAT curious).  "Sometimes there's a loud bang that wakes me up."  "Oh, sir, we'll station a team at points all around your cabin 24/7 until we figure this out!"

What they asked for, a log of the exact times it happens and hopefully better information on the exact direction it's coming from, seems quite fair before they can do any real troubleshooting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your helpful replies. An engineer was sent to our cabin this AM and when I described what I heard and where in the cabin I heard it, he immediately pinned it down to the pool pumps above our cabin. He said that he would have it corrected so that we will not be bothered with it again at night.

• Like 3

It's always frustrating to hear noises and not know what is causing them. My best advice to anyone traveling by ship is to get some really good ear plugs, and a sleep mask. Ships rattle and clang and creak so the earplugs help. Always check the deck plan to be sure you're choosing a cabin which is surrounded by other cabins on each side, and above and below. 

I was asked to keep a log of the exact time of the night noises overhead in our room on the Eurodam.  I woke up every time I heard the noise, wrote down the time and presented my list to an officer in the Lido.  The noise was caused by the service carts going to and from the Lido galley.  This goes on all night.  There is a bump at the entrance that the carts go over.  We were fortunate to be moved to another stateroom.  I think the officer was surprised that I actually followed through with creating the log!  

Just off the Noordam, where we paid slightly for an "upgrade offer" from a balcony on deck 7 to an SY suite on deck 8 (having previously sailed in SS suites on deck 6).  I was concerned about the noise from the Lido above, and yes, we absolutely heard rolling trolleys and clicking heels very early each morning.  We were port side mid-ship, (#8076), and while the location was convenient, I would never book on deck 8. However, the noise from above paled in comparison to the damn elevator DING (absolutely ridiculously loud) and we were FIVE suite cabins down the hall from it!

😯😯😯