Change in crew ratings from end-of-cruise survey. Important. If you're not careful, the crew get dinged. Of course they do.

CruiseMrB

2 minutes ago, Andrewgary said:

Autocorrect makes me look like an idiot when they replace the word I typed with the wrong one and I don't notice till after I hit send. I have enough trouble not appearing to be an idiot without autocorrect giving me a push in that direction.

Oh how I can relate 😊.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Most people struggle with when it's appropriate to use the "and me" phrase...as an editor, it's like nails on a chalkboard for me as well.

Not sure why that's so often the case.   Drop the other person out of the sentence and see if it sounds goofy.  "They gave great service to my wife and I" doesn't scan as "They gave great service to I".

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, canderson said:

Not sure why that's so often the case.   Drop the other person out of the sentence and see if it sounds goofy.  "They gave great service to my wife and I" doesn't scan as "They gave great service to I".

Exactly. And a backup method is "we" goes with "I" and "us" goes with "Me". We went on a cruise=My wife and I went on a cruise v. Our kids gave us a cruise as a gift=Our kids gave my wife and me a cruise as a gift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewgary said:

Autocorrect makes me look like an idiot when they replace the word I typed with the wrong one and I don't notice till after I hit send. I have enough trouble not appearing to be an idiot without autocorrect giving me a push in that direction.

Precisely the reason why a lot of my posts have the little "editted" note at the bottom. 🙄😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Hmmm. Ok. We were on that sailing with you. I never saw anything. Oh well!

Yes, I remember your commenting. It was with the standard nightly paperwork on the bed.  IIRC is was tucked inside the daily planner. 

• Like 1

What nobody has mentioned is that they ALWAYS equated satisfaction with food in the MDR with service in the MDR. I have been told by many waiters, on many cruises, that even if I say the service was a 10, if I give the food quality any less than a 10, it will be considered a bad mark on their record. I guess the idea is that they are somehow responsible for making sure that you enjoy your dinner, even if it means taking back food you don't like and replacing it with food that you may or may not like any better. I really resent Celebrity for doing this (if indeed they do) and I refuse to give high marks to the food if it isn't that great. I usually rate our servers a 10, but the food rarely gets more than a 7 or 8, even on a good cruise. 

On 10/7/2022 at 7:52 PM, davekathy said:

You must eat at nicer fast food restaurants than we do. :classic_rolleyes:

10 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Sorry, I will be honest on the survey 

I answer surveys honestly.  I give my honest opinion with supporting examples i.e. if I had a negative food experience in a specific restaurant, I can't state all was a "10"; nothing will be changed.  (Pre covid, I answered a number of surveys stating that specific theater shows were dictating a message to me, which was objectionable to me, and apparently to a number of other passengers.  Lo and behold, those types of productions have disappeared!)

22 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I love the QR code they provide to make comments directly to the Hotel Manager.  I used it quite often on our cruises since the re-start to point out specific issues and to give praise, by name, for specific staff.  

That's what that is for! Thank you. I was wondering. And I probably only noticed it AFTER I put my glasses back in my bag so I couldn't read it.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 6:32 PM, Andrewgary said:

Autocorrect just can't seem to figure out that I really did not mean "duck"

• Haha 4

I like most cruises. Crews are hard working people. Often on the last day of the cruise, there is some crew person who reminds me to give them excellent on the survey.  Telling me how to respond to a survey is obnoxious.  Also, using survey results to penalize the crew is wrong. I seldom respond to cruise surveys. Any survey that says it expires in 7 days is worthless.  I view the online survey at the end of a cruise as a waste of my time.