Need Some Input On Drink Package/Internet For Solstice

Cruiseathoning

Wife and I have a Solstice cruise booked and we have classic beverage package.  It will be an upgrade cost to move to premium, and better wi-fi.  Is premium either one worth it?  I  just need access to email and forum, not video, but if I do get premium wi-fi will it play video?  That would allow me to communicate home with my company, yes I know it is vacation but it is my company and nobody will work harder for it than me.   Drinks I am straight up and down on the fence about.  Thanks much.  

3 hours ago, Cruiseathoning said:

Wife and I have a Solstice cruise booked and we have classic beverage package.  It will be an upgrade cost to move to premium, and better wi-fi.  Is premium either one worth it?  I  just need access to email and forum, not video, but if I do get premium wi-fi will it play video?  That would allow me to communicate home with my company, yes I know it is vacation but it is my company and nobody will work harder for it than me.   Drinks I am straight up and down on the fence about.  Thanks much.  

Since you never wrote when and where you are cruising , I would say the Wi-Fi will be unacceptable, if it is better than that is a bonus 😁

as to drink package who knows if it worth it for you 

here are the difference 

5A4A57B2-4F1F-4449-8C97-E7E166B6FC4C.jpeg

If you primarily drink mixed drinks like vodka tonic, rum and coke, regular bottled water and the beer included in the Classic package it probably would not be worth upgrading.  Bowers if you are primarily a wine, scotch or bourbon on the rocks, Evian drinker then you would probably   be happier with the Premium package.

Try the Classic and see how it works for you.  Both don’t need sign up the Premium.   Very rarely do both of us drink premium drinks at the same time.    You just pay  difference  in the cost of a drink over the allowable cost.    If you buy a bottle of wine the one with the premium package should pay for it.  

Same with the upgraded internet. You can share it but only one device can be signed in at one time.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Just came back from Solstice MX Riviera cruise. I purchased premium wifi for 1 device prior to boarding so my mom can stream Youtube vid.  I used it to check emails, easy to switch between devises.  Speed was good, no drops at all

7 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

World Class Bar? I was under the impression that The WCB had drinks over the premium cost limit ...has that changed ?

Last time we checked I think couple were covered by the Premium pkg but most were not.  That was February so maybe the drink menu changed.

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Last time we checked I think couple were covered by the Premium pkg but most were not.  That was February so maybe the drink menu changed.

This was our experience as well, some that were covered, some that were not.  

Just like there were quite a few wines by the glass that exceeded the DBP limit.