Number of people at at table?

Woody14

So it has been a while since cruising Royal, being on a couple others since covid and my experience has been that most of the big tables are gone and they really try to keep groups together and not seat you at a table with strangers like the old days.   True the tables have been really close together so it is almost like being at the same table but technically they are separate.   How does royal do it currently?   We are a party of 2 and just trying to figure out what to expect.   I know I can always get a change by talking to the Maitre D.

14 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Anywhere from two to ten.

True, though have reg seen 12 Tops, at times 14 and even one seating 15!. Looong Oval tables. My Mother In Law always wanted us sit together no matter size we became, this on Cruises and at all Restaurants. Finally after we hit 10+ we started splitting into 2-3 Tables or they'd seat us in a back room as some have. Interesting as about 1/4 places we'd be charged a flat min 15-18% gratuity for large groups. 

50 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Can the wife and I get two one tops? 😝

None of the ships have big enough dinning rooms to accommodate every wife who want's a one top away from us.  😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you want a 2 top table you can call royal and let them know your preference.   You can also email them at rcldining@rccl.com 2 to 3 weeks before your sailing and place your request.

Are you set for traditional or my time dining?

sorry should have stated we have traditional dining

7 hours ago, Woody14 said:

sorry should have stated we have traditional dining

No problem, we prefer traditional dining too.    Give a call or send an email to rccldining@rccl.com and ask for either a 2 top table or ask to join others if you want to meet new people.

When you board your sailing go to the dining room to check out the table location they assigned.   

13 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

True, though have reg seen 12 Tops, at times 14 and even one seating 15!. Looong Oval tables. My Mother In Law always wanted us sit together no matter size we became, this on Cruises and at all Restaurants. Finally after we hit 10+ we started splitting into 2-3 Tables or they'd seat us in a back room as some have. Interesting as about 1/4 places we'd be charged a flat min 15-18% gratuity for large groups. 

The last time we cruised on the Symphony, we were a party of 14, and yes, we were all in one suite, the 4 bedroom Family Suite, and we decided to eat in the MDR one night, they sat us all at one table.  It was an oblong table and very comfortable for everyone. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 7:50 PM, Woody14 said:

So it has been a while since cruising Royal, being on a couple others since covid and my experience has been that most of the big tables are gone and they really try to keep groups together and not seat you at a table with strangers like the old days.   True the tables have been really close together so it is almost like being at the same table but technically they are separate.   How does royal do it currently?   We are a party of 2 and just trying to figure out what to expect.   I know I can always get a change by talking to the Maitre D.

Ask for a table for 2