"Live" Regal Princess, Oct 26 to Dec 2, Rome to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

28 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

Another perfect weather day today in Kotor Montenegro.... anchored well up the fjord and enjoyed a long tender ride to and from town.

Heard that next cruise will only have 1700 pax and the crossing portion will be down to 1500 passenger.

We will be back in Kotor again next cruise.

Tomorrow is another sea day....

Hi, I am on the 11/6 to 12/2 and am so surprised at the numbers of pax on those cruises. are you referring to my dates?  BTW thank you for all your posts.  Really enjoying reading them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marshyone said:

Hi, I am on the 11/6 to 12/2 and am so surprised at the numbers of pax on those cruises. are you referring to my dates?  BTW thank you for all your posts.  Really enjoying reading them.

Yes.... your and our dates....we are on until FT Lauderdale 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

....and the crossing portion will be down to 1500 passenger.

Oh, that's fabulous!  Since the TA is basically a "cold weather" cruise, I was anticipating throngs of people inside versus out on the pool decks!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Denmal said:

Wow...I am surprised at the low passenger counts.  We board on 11/6 and very excited.  Do you know who the Bartenders are in crooners??

Friends of ours just got off in Rome and they told me the bartenders in Crooners are Francis, Edel and Arvindra and Paula.  🙂 

Today was a beautiful, sunny day in Kotor!  The nice thing of having been in a port many times before and having seen all of the "sites" is that you can just stroll around and soak in your environment.

We enjoyed lunch at our favorite place, "Little Bay Terasa."  I had a local dish, octopus baked in red wine and dried plums.  Debbie had grilled squid in a garlic sauce.

For those curious about what happened to the barrel chairs, one of them is in our cabin!

20221028_123449.jpg

20221028_120011.jpg

IMG_20221028_141357_687.jpg

IMG_20221028_141357_630.jpg

20221028_140840.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, beckntom said:

Oh, that's fabulous!  Since the TA is basically a "cold weather" cruise, I was anticipating throngs of people inside versus out on the pool decks!

This is our 10th TA going west and only one of those were cold.  The others all had the outside decks and pools full of folks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Denmal said:

Wow...I am surprised at the low passenger counts.  We board on 11/6 and very excited.  Do you know who the Bartenders are in crooners??

Many times on TAs there are fewer folks because many people don't have the extended time off.  One data point.

Cheers

• Like 1

For those on the next voyage visiting Kotor, we purchased two very nice wines in the local market.  The 2018 was 13.50 euros and the 2015 Reserve was 23.50 euros.

And, there was no one checking for wines on the way back onboard.

20221028_150412.jpg

20221028_150408.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

For those on the next voyage visiting Kotor, we purchased two very nice wines in the local market.  The 2018 was 13.50 euros and the 2015 Reserve was 23.50 euros.

And, there was no one checking for wines on the way back onboard.

On a Transatlantic in 2011, during a visit to Cinque Terre, we had a great wine with lunch and the owner of the restaurant told us where the wine store was.  We headed over there, I think we were a group of 10, and we cleaned that wine store out of that particular wine.  No one blinked an eye when we carried it back onboard!!  😉🥂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Denmal said:

Don't know their names yet, but the two that made a Key Lime Pie Martini and a Mudslide last night were way off the mark.  No way as good as Crooners on the Caribbean Princess in Aug/Sept.  Will try a Raspberry Martini tonight and see how that is.  Crooners has always been our go-to bar.

• Like 1

Thank you so much LAcruiser!  We are so looking forward to being on the Regal.  I a loving all of your great info and the Photos are just amazing!  Thanks for posting the 'Officer Board'.   I wonder how the food is onboard, and if the Head Chef will still be onboard when the ship gets back to Florida.

That is something to see that barrel chair.  You are in a larger cabin, right?  We will have a regular balcony unless we are upgraded, or bid.

I wonder if any of you onboard could give a good measurement or estimate of the little side-footstool table on the regular balcony cabins?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Thank you so much LAcruiser!  We are so looking forward to being on the Regal.  I a loving all of your great info and the Photos are just amazing!  Thanks for posting the 'Officer Board'.   I wonder how the food is onboard, and if the Head Chef will still be onboard when the ship gets back to Florida.

That is something to see that barrel chair.  You are in a larger cabin, right?  We will have a regular balcony unless we are upgraded, or bid.

I wonder if any of you onboard could give a good measurement or estimate of the little side-footstool table on the regular balcony cabins?

Have you seen any invites to bid on an upgrade? I have checked and its still saying the TA portion is not eligible for upgrade. Seems odd since there are so many empty cabins.

Vickie

4 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

The food in the MDR has been really good. The portions are a bit smaller, but there is no problem asking for a double portion of the protein.  

We are in a mini-suite.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Anubi said:

On a Transatlantic in 2011, during a visit to Cinque Terre, we had a great wine with lunch and the owner of the restaurant told us where the wine store was.  We headed over there, I think we were a group of 10, and we cleaned that wine store out of that particular wine.  No one blinked an eye when we carried it back onboard!!  😉🥂

Don't want to hijack the thread, but saw this and had to ask...was spending the travel time going to Cinque Terre worthwhile?  I'm on the Regal TA and seriously considering hiring ItalyTours.eu to take us.

12 minutes ago, js1357 said:

Don't want to hijack the thread, but saw this and had to ask...was spending the travel time going to Cinque Terre worthwhile?  I'm on the Regal TA and seriously considering hiring ItalyTours.eu to take us.

Absolutely.  It was the most amazing day and well worth the time.  Go for it, you won't be disappointed.  🙂 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, js1357 said:

Yes.  Very worthwhile, but find someone else.  Try Belle Italia, for example.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:15 AM, arizonaperson said:

Nice pictures of your pre cruise  land tour & those onboard now great information.

For those discussing bar- Wakeview.

its called Outriggers bar -deck 16.

but I think Wakeview is a good name .

OF the last two cruises we were on, at least one of them had a Wakeview Bar - one was the Sky - the other was Carnival Vista.  Is Mermaid's tail on Regal, I forget some of the names of the bars beause I am old

On 10/18/2022 at 4:04 AM, chrysalis said:

We are on board now and have to say that both dining room and buffet food has been wonderful, as have been every crew member.

Last night the captain announced that we will miss Malta tomorrow because of a docking issue, will have a sea day instead and will do Dubrovnik instead.

The seas have been absolutely calm, and there has not been a cloud in the sky since we boarded a couple of days ago. Our pre cruise weather in Barcelona was perfect also. We are cruising at 14kts.

In total, we are on board for 48 days so have lots to look forward to 

Kids and grandkids are looking forward to the hypnotist show tonight after formal night dinner. We have the same table reservation for us each night while family is on board. 

Apparently there are about 2600 pax on board, so not crowded.

Will attempt to answer questions if able.

Hi! Big “ask” here, please, but 100% understand if it’s simply not something do-able!! For the November TA—there are 10 of us hoping to play pickleball. Any chance you might be able to discover how many courts they have, if they have paddles & balls, and if it’s available daily? (Or, if you’re a sleuth-er….an email address for the cruise director and we’ll inquire ourselves?) Totally get it if it’s out of your wheelhouse…we all are just a bit puzzled as to how it works on the ship.😊 Thank you for your consideration:). Gretchen

• Like 1