Silversea personalised stationery

OhItsU

Just booked a 10-day cruise with Silversea Silver Moon. I'm in steerage but still looks nice. I couldn't believe the price dropped over $2000 for the Vista Suite cabin I booked from September 15 (last month) to now, and with a single supplement at that.  I jumped on it. 

Since I am booked on a port to port fare, I wondered if I still get the same all inclusive features that others get onboard. My search led me to a Silversea document that is labeled 'ALL-INCLUSIVE VALUE' and has a few signature amenities that I hoped others might explain:

1. complimentary personalised stationery? seriously? Does it have your name? What does it look like? Can anyone share an image?

2. complimentary upscale document presentation?  Is this like my passport is surrounded by gold printing? I'm intrigued!

3. complimentary business break food and beverages? Are there conventions or conferences on board? I'm a little confused (don't worry, that's normal).

Thanks in advance for any comments or observations or shares.

• Haha 1

We returned last week on a door-to-door on the Silver Explorer. Unlike previous cruises before COVID, there was no personalized stationery. We did receive a small zip bag on the bed that had masks, sample size lotion, and a floating key chain but no documents. We were not quite sure of the purpose and it was not personalized. 

Pre-cruise documents are now emailed a couple a weeks before the trip. We never received a hard copy of anything or the typical luggage tags pre-COVID.

• Thanks 1

Well there was still personalised stationery on the Dawn in August. but pre covid it used to be an A4 pad which I had taken what was left to take notes. The stuff we got this cruise was 2 shetts of note paper. chalk and cheese. i did take a photo of the comparison but alas my computer totally gave up and that photo was one that didn't survive.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We haven’t cruised since the pandemic but always got personalized stationary pre-Covid.   Not a big deal and other than the occasional note to our butler or our cruising partners we rarely use it.  After 10+ cruises we probably have 100 pages of it.  

4 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Woah!  After 10+ cruises we’ve never even had close to that many pages to start, let alone bring home.

Ours just left little messages for the butler.

Luckily the two pages we seemed to get mean those requests or simple messages weren’t very demanding!

• Haha 1

They are certainly saving costs on stationery. as well as the personalised stationery pre covid we always got a note pad. For some reason I had selected one to take on our recent Dawn cruise to take notes for my trip reports. So I was able to contrast the per and post Covid examples.

Pre covid is the pad at the bottom of the photo. the post covid example is the 2 small sheets of paper from the Dawn.

914314554_ss89.JPG.62198d4380972f37c30bf74a7f08c086.JPG

Edited by drron29
  • Thanks 1